Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 5.7 challenger and a simple k&n cold air intake so far was wanting to possibly add a bigger throttle body what would be the better option the 85mm or 90mm ? That would run good Without and immediate tune

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have a 2010 5.7 challenger and a simple k&n cold air intake so far was wanting to possibly add a bigger throttle body what would be the better option the 85mm or 90mm ? That would run good Without and immediate tune
The best one is the one that's on your car. If you insist on spending money, you are better off just sending it directly to me. At least I will spend it on something that actually works like liquor.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,370 Posts
I believe many times with those wishing to change the Throttle Bodies are thinking the old School Days of Carb's you get a bigger that automatically gives more fuel and air based on size. Then you adjust the Air Fuel Mixture with Screws, and adjusting the Jets to spray the Fuel or Change them as well. With a Throttle Body it only changes the Air Volume not the Fuel and since its Controlled by PCM and unless its parameters are adjusted into the PCM using a Tuner so the PCM can compensate the Fuel. Other wise you can loose Power and lean out the Engine.

Also when you adjust the Air and Fuel you have to have the Spark Adjusted properly as well. With Factory Parameters / Programming the PCM is optimized for the stock configuration. By default you will lean out the Engine with just a larger Throttle Body.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Stock throttle body doesn't become a restriction until 700+whp. Until you're up there it won't get you any gains

Reactions: Bill Dobbins

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
The best one is the one that's on your car. If you insist on spending money, you are better off just sending it directly to me. At least I will spend it on something that actually works like liquor.
Oh man! That's tough love!
Because it's true.

Reactions: Hellraisin

·
Registered
304 Posts
Stock throttle body doesn't become a restriction until 700+whp. Until you're up there it won't get you any gains
It did for me big time got the dyno sheets to prove it

But one thing that is correct with out a retune it really won't matter plus if no forced induction is used I would not go 90 mil 85 just fine for n/a

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
It did for me big time got the dyno sheets to prove it
You have a ported blower on 12psi, that's why it made a difference for you. You have to go by the cfm the throttle body can flow, with your setup you are able to push more air than the stock 80 can handle, any N/A 5.7 will never reach that point

·
Registered
78 Posts
Save your money for better MODS. The stock throttle body can handle more than enough. As stated unless your boosted or heavily modded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts