Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Any difference whatsoever performance wise between an 85mm & 87mm throttle body? Also are all throttle bodies of the same size and dimensions the same? I hear the new 11's throttle body has been upgraded to an 85mm from 80mm in the 10, have you checked out how Dodge designed there 85mm throttle body for a comparison by chance? Just curious about all of this and I saw an opening question wise.

Thanks in advance!
Doozle.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any difference whatsoever performance wise between an 85mm & 87mm throttle body? Also are all throttle bodies of the same size and dimensions the same? I hear the new 11's throttle body has been upgraded to an 85mm from 80mm in the 10, have you checked out how Dodge designed there 85mm throttle body for a comparison by chance? Just curious about all of this and I saw an opening question wise.

Thanks in advance!
Doozle.
All of our Catstings are the same just the porting process is different.
There will be a small gain between a 85mm to an 87mm but if you already have a 85mm I would stick with that unless you are going to port your intake or other big mods. As for the new Challengers are you refereeing to the Mopar 10? If so they still us a 80mm TB Mopar has not changed those.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Hey MM,
thanks for the quick response. In answer to your question, no, I was referring to the 11's with the 392. I asked Scott the driver of the 392 Challenger when the Hemi tour came through Houston last year about the throttle body size and he said that yes Dodge had in fact increased the size of the cars throttle body from 80mm to 85mm. Chalk up another reason the 11's make much more power then the year before. Ah, progress. So what is the hp diff between 85 & 87? 5, 10, 15 hp? Just curious as I've never seen anyone answer that question before.

Thanks in advance!
Doozle.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Hey MM,
thanks for the quick response. In answer to your question, no, I was referring to the 11's with the 392. I asked Scott the driver of the 392 Challenger when the Hemi tour came through Houston last year about the throttle body size and he said that yes Dodge had in fact increased the size of the cars throttle body from 80mm to 85mm. Chalk up another reason the 11's make much more power then the year before. Ah, progress. So what is the hp diff between 85 & 87? 5, 10, 15 hp? Just curious as I've never seen anyone answer that question before.

Thanks in advance!
Doozle.
Sorry bud. They are same part number as always. Still 80mm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts