Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" Drive Shaft Shop " lists , shows a 9" conversion kit for LX/LC models. Any pros and cons on this mod. Pics on site look great , just looking for input. Thinking hard on this kit. Have a 3.70 geared 9" rear in my 72 442 convertible. Very pleased .

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have this in my 06 Charger and I have it in two seperate customers cars. One is a Magnum that holds the 60ft record for any late-model hemi equipped vehicle and the other is in a Furious Fuscia Challenger with a 3.6L KB supercharged aluminum 440! Awesome piece for sure. No cons IMO.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
IMO, stay away from those gears. Our transmission is nothing like your 72 442 and you will hate it. I see several people who made the swap to 3.92 gear switch back to 3.06 or something similar. Me and my 2 customers are all running 3.25 gears. If you are a 6-speed the 3.92 gears will be fine. 3.89 will work with the 3.92 gear selection in the predator. We are using the 3.23 gear selection with out 3.25 gears no problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just so you know we have them in stock and were thinking about testing out a single Carbon fiber shaft to use with this kit (and the stock cars) very soon.

here is the Camaro one but it will be similar (need about 3 weeks to make one)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts