Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a way to get an email tune from AJ at Arrington! I have a ZEX nitrous kit on order right now, and decided to upgrade to a 90mm TB from HemiShop.com that has the nitrous injection built into it instead of using the nitrous injector. http://www.shophemi.com/p-1191-hemi-90mm-cast-throttle-body-with-nitrous-injection.aspx

They told me today, if I order the 90mm TB from them, they'l have AJ send me an email tune to run it safely. I don't know if the tune will come with the TB cost-wise, but it should at least be better than running a canned tune off the Predator once I get my ARHs installed...

It is my understanding that the intake manifold is only bored to about 85mm? To maximize the flow from the new TB, I'll have to enlarge it to 90mm or larger to avoid the new airflow hitting a lip. Does anyone think it'd be wrong to fill the intake with rags/towels and do this with the intake on, then vacuum it out? Or does it need to come off to do it right? Suggestions?

Thanks guys..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why not just go with the 85MM nitrous one? The power from a bigger throttle body is minimal at best, so I say just exchange it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
You said it, do it right and remove the intake before before grinding on it. While you have it off port match the runners to the heads. It's only a few HP but it's a few you didn't have before.

·
Vendor
961 Posts
On a stock intake manifold, the opening is usually right around 83mm.The intake manifolds would need to be ported open to 90mm plus you typically need to cut off about an inch off the front of the intake, too, since aftermarket castings are thicker by about an inch and will push your CAI into your fan shroud. Just be prepared to possibly modify a lot.

Joshua, HHP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts