Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thumbing through the Predator tune and noticed it was uploaded with the 91 tune. Should I leave the tune thats already set or would it run better with the 91 CAI with my mods installed. Im running Mopar CAI, Corsa Extreme, Kooks L/T, Jet 180 Stat.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
I was going to say you should put the 91CAI tune in. Then I saw that you are running Long tube headers, I was always under the impression that when running headers you needed a custom tune to adjust the AF ratio.

Are you just running either a stock tune or a 91 ocatane tune now? if so how is the car currently running?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cuda as of now it's running 91 oct tune. I was wondering if I benefit more running 91 CAI. Im scheduled for a CMR tune in a couple weeks. Car has been running smooth except for a slight drop in power which I think I just have to tighten up the bolts ons on the headers. I just had them install a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
From what I've read on this forum and others I believe the CAI tunes run richer, therefore I think you would benefit from the CAI until you get the CMR tune. I'd certainly give it a try if I were you.

I have basically the same mods as you the only difference is I don't have headers and I'm running an 85 mm throttle body. I run the 93 CAI tune and the car seems to run really well, I suggest you give the CAI tune a try.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good looking out. I will try it out tonight when I get out from work. Cuda are you fueling with 93 oct. Where I stay at it's hard to find. I know of one station on my way to sacramento race way, but it's 45 min out my way. Any difference tuning 93 instead of 91?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
Good looking out. I will try it out tonight when I get out from work. Cuda are you fueling with 93 oct. Where I stay at it's hard to find. I know of one station on my way to sacramento race way, but it's 45 min out my way. Any difference tuning 93 instead of 91?
Yes I'm using 93 Octane, pretty easy to find it here in PA but I've noticed it's not as common in some states.

By my seat of the pants dyno ( which is not necessarily all that accurate ) I would say the 93 CAI tune feels a lot better than the 91 CAI tune. However, I haven't had a chance to verify the reality of that at the drag strip yet.

I wouldn't bother to run 45 min out of your way to get the higher octane gas at this point but I would try the 91 CAI tune and see how that works for you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Yes I'm using 93 Octane, pretty easy to find it here in PA but I've noticed it's not as common in some states.
Your lucky, here in N TX, all we get is 91 ethanol blended crap.

I am interested in this thread as well. If I am running a drop in K&N, does this constitute as a CAI. I would think so but I am not familiar enough with the programming to know how it should be set for my setup. Other than that, I am mostly stock.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
Your lucky, here in N TX, all we get is 91 ethanol blended crap.

If I am running a drop in K&N, does this constitute as a CAI. I would think so but I am not familiar enough with the programming to know how it should be set for my setup.
I would say since it increases air flow ( less restrictive ) it would be the same as a CAI and as such I would certainly give the 91 CAI tune a try.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Agreed. I replaced my RT air intake system with that from an SRT8, which flows more air, and removes the silencer. Then I threw in a K&N air filter. Performs very well! And I run the 91 CAI tune. I don't go with 93 because there are hardly any stations that have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts