Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
I dont think theres any 93 on the west coast so i make mine when i go racing. I got this from the vp and sunoco people on how to make it to federal 93 gas back east. You have to use VP109 racing gas and 87 octane to make it.
9 gal mix = 6 gal 87+3 gal vp109(its 105 octane) = 93 octane with 3.3% oxygen. Now federal 93 gas has 3.5% oxygen but this is as close as you can get. The cost isnt cheap as it will cost you around 10.74 gal to make based on CA GAS prices. This is based on CA gas as we only have 1.8% oxygen in our 87,89 and 91 gas but washington may be diff. It did help me run faster in the 1/8 mile i run. Thes runs were at Irwindale drag srtip in so ca.
CA 91 OCTANE @ +1487 FT = [email protected]
FED 93 OCTANE @ +12 FT = [email protected] i fig the diff in altitude its still forth .10 in 1/8 mile.
Now this is with my tune it will vary depending on your tune.
Right now the gas price in my area is 87 = 4.11 gal and vp109 cost me 72.00 for a 5 gal pale that i get from my supplier.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I haven't seen any up and down the west coast. Been using the 93 octane CAI tune and 92 octane gas, seems to work pretty well, dropped 3-5 10ths off my quarter mile time.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I haven't seen any up and down the west coast. Been using the 93 octane CAI tune and 92 octane gas, seems to work pretty well, dropped 3-5 10ths off my quarter mile time.
so are you using the diablosport predator? right now im using 91 cai tune and i took it to a tuner and it's not running lean or rich, but if i can get a few tenths quicker with the 93 oct tune with no problems that would be killer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts