Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone spent any time with the 9r29 CROM tune. Just wondering if there are any improvements, noticeable differencies.........

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,351 Posts
Yep, I have it loaded in my car. The biggest difference is you can now raise your shift points. There are two settings, one for 6,200 rpm and one for 6,400 rpm.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Jack 09 loves it but he has an auto and it lets you change the shift points a little that you couldn't do before. There suppose to be something that you can set a tune up to get good mileage too

·
Banned
60 Posts
I just loaded it in my car with the 93 CAI tune (same tune I previously had with 9r27). Raised the shift points as well but it didn't give me an option of RPMs just "raise" "stock" or "cancel" mine is an auto not sure if the 6spd's are different. It also raised my rev limiter I think by the same amount of RPMs as the shift point increase. Again it just indicated it had to be raised but I had no options as to by how much. I also set the throttle boost to 10%. Roads are too wet tonight but I'm hoping I can test it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,351 Posts
It also raised my rev limiter I think by the same amount of RPMs as the shift point increase. Again it just indicated it had to be raised but I had no options as to by how much.
A word of warning, you will have to raise your rev limiter. I didn't when I first loaded the tune and the car would not shift out of second gear at WOT. I forget which menu the rev limiter is in, but mine was set at 6K, I then raised it to 6,400, after that the car worked fine.

·
Banned
60 Posts
A word of warning, you will have to raise your rev limiter. I didn't when I first loaded the tune and the car would not shift out of second gear at WOT. I forget which menu the rev limiter is in, but mine was set at 6K, I then raised it to 6,400, after that the car worked fine.
Thanks for the heads up I just rechecked and I hadn't raised the rev limiter it only warned me that I had to. I found it under modify tune then rev/speed limiters but it didn't let me set a specific RPM it had a scale from 0 (where it was set) to plus or minus 600 RPM. I raised it all the way up so I should be 600 RPM higher I'm guessing 6600 RPM? Is that too much or not enough?

·
Banned
60 Posts
I just went back and changed the rev limiter to +200 will try it out tomorrow and hopefully its good. Got to thinking +600 rpms was a little too much.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,351 Posts
Thanks for the heads up I just rechecked and I hadn't raised the rev limiter it only warned me that I had to. I found it under modify tune then rev/speed limiters but it didn't let me set a specific RPM it had a scale from 0 (where it was set) to plus or minus 600 RPM.
Ok I'm just guessing but I think when you went into rev/speed limiters you may have selected the second option down of rev limiter in neutral. If that's the case thats not the one you need to change. The first option should be Rev Limiter in Drive. By selecting that one you should get a scale running from 5,500 rpm on the left to 6,600 on the right and you can adjust your setting by using the left and right arrow keys.

Also, you mention only having the option to raise, stock or cancel for shift points. That sounds more like the shift firmness menu, you may want to double check. On my Predator when I choose shift points I get the option of increasing to 6,200 or 6,400. Look in your quick adjust menu as I think both of these options are available there.

Good luck with your test drive.

·
Banned
60 Posts
That's what I don't understand I don't know why mine would be different. I was definately in rev limit in drive (just double checked again) and the scale was -600 0 +600 Rev limit in nuetral had the same scale. Also was in the shift points where the only option was raise stock or cancel no options for shift firmness. The shift points were in the quick adjust and the rev limit was under modify tune all for the 93 CAI performance tune. I would really like to see the actual RPMs its going to shift and rev limit at not just raise and +... RPMs. Reading on Diabolo's forum I saw one or two others that had the same scale. I think I will call them monday to make sure mine is ok the way it is. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,351 Posts
That's what I don't understand I don't know why mine would be different. I was definately in rev limit in drive (just double checked again) and the scale was -600 0 +600 Rev limit in nuetral had the same scale.
Yes seems odd to me that we have different set ups, maybe someone else will be able to answer this before you call on Monday. Good luck.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Does anyone know if they finally added "throttle boost" for the 6-speed manual crowd? Before it was hit and miss whether or not you got the feature and a while back it was promised this feature would be included in the next Crom but there's no mention of it!

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
That's what I don't understand I don't know why mine would be different. I was definately in rev limit in drive (just double checked again) and the scale was -600 0 +600 Rev limit in nuetral had the same scale. Also was in the shift points where the only option was raise stock or cancel no options for shift firmness. The shift points were in the quick adjust and the rev limit was under modify tune all for the 93 CAI performance tune. I would really like to see the actual RPMs its going to shift and rev limit at not just raise and +... RPMs. Reading on Diabolo's forum I saw one or two others that had the same scale. I think I will call them monday to make sure mine is ok the way it is. Thanks for your help.
You have am SRT8, the new raised shift points are for only the 5.7s I think. The 5.7s will only rev to 5700 but now with this new feature we can rev up to 6400 <- which the SRT8 could already do.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ironside;842240[B said:
]Does anyone know if they finally added "throttle boost" [/B]for the 6-speed manual crowd? Before it was hit and miss whether or not you got the feature and a while back it was promised this feature would be included in the next Crom but there's no mention of it!
That is what I'm looking for too !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I thought raising the shift points was only for the SRT? Is this something new for the RT's? 6400 rpms sounds like a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Throttle boost is in the latest CROM 9r29. Mine is a 6spd and it shows up on my menu. I set it at 10% but have yet to drive the car.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I thought raising the shift points was only for the SRT? Is this something new for the RT's? 6400 rpms sounds like a lot.
Yep the new crom has throttle boost (which was actually in the last one), dyno mode is renamed to traction control on/off I think, and now the R/Ts are able to rev up to 6400rpms. But from what I've seen, 6400rpms is a bit too much because of the power dropping off. But 6200 seems just fine from what I've heard. I'm on my way back from Vacation, so I'll try it once I get back and give my thoughts on it

·
Banned
60 Posts
You have am SRT8, the new raised shift points are for only the 5.7s I think. The 5.7s will only rev to 5700 but now with this new feature we can rev up to 6400 <- which the SRT8 could already do.
My mistake the OP has an SRT I didn't realize 70baracuda's was an RT that must be why the displays are different on the tuner. It still let me raise the shift points and rev limiter it just didn't let me see the RPM's while doing it. I'm taking her out tonight to she how much better the new settings are.

Thanks

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Yeah I believe the SRT8 have had that option for a long time. But I'm betting that's why the screens are different

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,351 Posts
I think you guys have it figured out, sorry about that but I didn't even think about the SRT8 and the RT having different screens.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Throttle boost is in the latest CROM 9r29. Mine is a 6spd and it shows up on my menu. I set it at 10% but have yet to drive the car.
I installed throttle boost on the last crom. Tried 15, 9 and now 6. 6 seems best for me, the others snapped my head around too much, not to mention my passengers. I've never had issues with throttle lag to begin with but for those who do, this will help a lot.

I think I'll wait before monkeying with the rev limiter, et al, see how it works out for others.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts