Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2014 Challenger R/T blacktop on Thursday, today it has about 250 miles on it and the A/C is blowing hot and I've got a check engine light, took it out Advanced Auto Parts and they said they didn't know what was going on and to take it to the dealer.... any suggestions? dealer isn't open till Monday and Black on Black with 100 degree weather is no fun. Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
it may seem like a stupid response, but since its a new car for you, i want to double check.
Did you click the thermostat to turn on A/C? also turn off the "auto" and set like 60 degrees and set it to your face to make sure?
sometimes the "auto" gives me problems.
other then that, im not too sure considering its new

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
I just got my 2014 Challenger R/T blacktop on Thursday, today it has about 250 miles on it and the A/C is blowing hot and I've got a check engine light, took it out Advanced Auto Parts and they said they didn't know what was going on and to take it to the dealer.... any suggestions? dealer isn't open till Monday and Black on Black with 100 degree weather is no fun. Thanks

and I've got a check engine light,

So if it is a hard code then most likely compressor circuit is off, sounds to me to be an electrical issue. if there was no light on the pressure cut off switch may be detecting the car is low on charge?

PS could they pull a code for the light?
yuk...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't touched the A/C settings since I got it, one second it was blowing ice the next it had a yellow light and breathing fire.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Find the best dealer in your area and they will fix it. I don't believe in taking a brand new car to any chain auto parts store for a fix.

Reactions: canddmeyer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly what I'm doing, called the dealer where I got it, soonest they can see me is tomorrow.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Garage her. Don't bother, might make things worse.

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Did you get a chance to get the vehicle in on Monday for a diagnosis?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you get a chance to get the vehicle in on Monday for a diagnosis?
Yeah I did, they've had it for 2 days now, it has a defective PCM and they had to order a new one... Very inconvenient because they only give loaner cars to 25+

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,346 Posts
Yeah I did, they've had it for 2 days now, it has a defective PCM and they had to order a new one... Very inconvenient because they only give loaner cars to 25+
If you financed the car yourself, from that dealer, they should have made an exception.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you financed the car yourself, from that dealer, they should have made an exception.
I Purchased it outright from the dealer, nagged them for 15 minutes about getting a loaner, kept giving me the "insurance won't let us" line, I was SUPPOSED to get my car back today, called 3 times and each time its not ready, at 5 O'Clock the guy called back and said my car would be ready tomorrow afternoon, he just has to install the new PCM and take it for a test drive to make sure everything is working correctly. I told him to just install the PCM I'll test it myself... don't want the guys in the shop taking my 338.2 mile car thats never been past 3500 RPM on a joyride forgoing the clutch (happened to my dad a few years back, took his 911 in for normal maintenance got it back with an extra 30 miles on the odometer and a crunchy clutch... shop guys didn't know nuttin)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts