Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello challenger family, for the last two days my A/C has been sorta pausing. when i turn on car, and turn A/C on the lil light for the cold air comes on, but nothing blows out. even on full blast. then after about 3-5 mins it cranks up, air is cold, but what do you guys think could be making it not blow(pause), then all of sudden start blowing?? any help will be appreciated…. oh by the way, i have an 08 chally SRT8

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Not a chally fan. I'm a Challenger fan!!!
It sounds like it's doing what all our cars do and that is it won't blow cold air until it senses that it's really cool and not still hot from the car sitting, that's so it doesn't blow hot air on you, it's just getting stuck too long. My car usually takes 10-20 sec. to start blowing cold air on a hot day.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Cuda the spell check got me, it should have said Hello Chally Fam…… what ur saying makes a lot of sense, i had this car since 2010, and maybe i just haven't noticed. but the last week its been as hot as fish grease in Atlanta, so it could be a delay until the car cools down a lil…. i do let the windows down when it does it, and that has seem to help.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It still should not take a few min. for it to work, even sitting in the sun on a 95 Deg. day mine will start cooling in 20 sec. or less., But I usually remote start it to get it cooling BEFORE I get in it.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
When you turn the AC on do you here the compressor clutch engage, or is there a delay too? I know you said the blower is not on at this point. I would look at the blower motor resistor, or the blower motor control in the manual temperature control.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dogonmut last time i checked this site was challenger talk, so basically i just call everyone on here my chally fam. (short for challenger family) for the slow people.

·
Registered
828 Posts
dogonmut last time i checked this site was challenger talk, so basically i just call everyone on here my chally fam. (short for challenger family) for the slow people.
FYI, he's referring to the fact a lot of members on here don't like the word "chally"..... :cursin:

It's almost as bad as someone walking up to you and saying "nice Charger dude!!!" Hahaha!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Words are words & I would never tell someone they can't use a word, even the c word we are talking about.

…but the use of that word makes me and most others cringe and automatically put the user in a certain light.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts