Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a 2015 R/T, 5.7L Automatic car. In the Spring I am going to install a LSD Center Section (New) with the 3.09 gears. I have some questions,
Will the G-Force Axles for a Scat Pack work? (I do not see why not)
Would it be better to swap the axles at the same time the rear end is swapped?

Is there a 1 piece driveshaft from G-Force that will work? (They all say Hellcat, SRT, Scat Pack)
Anyone put a 1 piece in an R/T?
Should this be done the same time the rear end is swapped?

What is the best rear differential brace?
Should this be added at the same time as the swap?

Will the use of these parts with the addition of Racing Slicks (I may just go with Drag Radials to run "Street Tire" on Test and Tune Nights) put any undue stresses on the Engine/Transmission, (The don't call fat slicks "Parts Breakers" for no reason).

My overall goal, since my buddies '49 Chebby Truck ran 13.74 and I ran a 13.63 is to stay ahead of him. He is planning some things that will (he says) get to 12.90 I want to do some things (I know this will not get me there alone) but I want to be 11.90 so a full second quicker.
I am thinking Cam, Converter, Headers and a Tune should eventually get me there. I have seen Dyno Results (OST Dyno) of the cam I want in a 6.4L that made 563 WHP, So I am hoping to be 500 WHP N/A, will I need all these Drive Train Upgrades?

Of course when I actually start pricing up the parts, this may shift to next fall getting done LOL.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Okay, I have a 2015 R/T, 5.7L Automatic car. In the Spring I am going to install a LSD Center Section (New) with the 3.09 gears. I have some questions,
Will the G-Force Axles for a Scat Pack work? (I do not see why not)
Would it be better to swap the axles at the same time the rear end is swapped?

Is there a 1 piece driveshaft from G-Force that will work? (They all say Hellcat, SRT, Scat Pack)
Anyone put a 1 piece in an R/T?
Should this be done the same time the rear end is swapped?

What is the best rear differential brace?
Should this be added at the same time as the swap?

Will the use of these parts with the addition of Racing Slicks (I may just go with Drag Radials to run "Street Tire" on Test and Tune Nights) put any undue stresses on the Engine/Transmission, (The don't call fat slicks "Parts Breakers" for no reason).

My overall goal, since my buddies '49 Chebby Truck ran 13.74 and I ran a 13.63 is to stay ahead of him. He is planning some things that will (he says) get to 12.90 I want to do some things (I know this will not get me there alone) but I want to be 11.90 so a full second quicker.
I am thinking Cam, Converter, Headers and a Tune should eventually get me there. I have seen Dyno Results (OST Dyno) of the cam I want in a 6.4L that made 563 WHP, So I am hoping to be 500 WHP N/A, will I need all these Drive Train Upgrades?

Of course when I actually start pricing up the parts, this may shift to next fall getting done LOL.
Obviously it would be beneficial to have all the posts and install once. The axles and the pumpkin should be a direct swap, driveshaft you’d have to order for an rt. The p4d billet brace looks like a nice piece. (I run the tba and like that as well). Mt et R’s are the go to tire, and for good reason.
As far as 500whp na on a stock bottom 5.7 , I don’t see the that happening. It’s a far stretch for a fbo cammed 6.4 to hit 500 wheel. 563whp is not happening on an na stock bottom 6.4. OST does have a heads/cam/intake kit that made 523whp. If you want to see 11’s on your 5.7 , why not go with the N2O. I’d say heads/cam/6.4 intake/LT’s should get you mid to low 12’s with a possible 11.xx hero run in neg da, but cam/headers/N2O would probably get you low 11’s in any da.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously it would be beneficial to have all the posts and install once. The axles and the pumpkin should be a direct swap, driveshaft you’d have to order for an rt. The p4d billet brace looks like a nice piece. (I run the tba and like that as well). Mt et R’s are the go to tire, and for good reason.
As far as 500whp na on a stock bottom 5.7 , I don’t see the that happening. It’s a far stretch for a fbo cammed 6.4 to hit 500 wheel. 563whp is not happening on an na stock bottom 6.4. OST does have a heads/cam/intake kit that made 523whp. If you want to see 11’s on your 5.7 , why not go with the N2O. I’d say heads/cam/6.4 intake/LT’s should get you mid to low 12’s with a possible 11.xx hero run in neg da, but cam/headers/N2O would probably get you low 11’s in any da.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe that was what I saw the dyno, it was the "Big Daddy" OST Dyno cam, I may have mis remembered. That cam and everything (I got a quote) was 12k. I am going in stages. I figure it would be near 500 HP with the smaller displacement motor.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Maybe that was what I saw the dyno, it was the "Big Daddy" OST Dyno cam, I may have mis remembered. That cam and everything (I got a quote) was 12k. I am going in stages. I figure it would be near 500 HP with the smaller displacement motor.
Brotha for $12K you can boost your stock motor to almost 500 wheel

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one?

or this one?

or the billet one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brotha for $12K you can boost your stock motor to almost 500 wheel
Yeah, I know, but I figure (I might be wrong) if I get to 500 HP N/A and if I decide that ain't fast enough, I can always add boost later and get to 700 HP.
But that is why I am asking.
For now it all seems like a "Pipe Dream"

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yeah, I know, but I figure (I might be wrong) if I get to 500 HP N/A and if I decide that ain't fast enough, I can always add boost later and get to 700 HP.
But that is why I am asking.
For now it all seems like a "Pipe Dream"
I mean you can look around, its been done and done before. Rt life is making a little over 400 wheel and hes done all the mods you are looking at and then some. Realistically, you can spend less on a magnuson , install it in your driveway on your stock motor, drive away with the preloaded tune making more power.

But i feel you man i have a cam and parts sitting and a new intake manifold on the way chasing that NA power as well, but im content with how it will perform. If you are chasing ET and slips at the strip, i would consider a supercharger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts