Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to add a Trinity in the next month or so, but before I do I want to know from the experts here what is truly needed and what is not.

Things I have already added....

CAI, Cat back Exhaust (Reso delete)

Things I'm thinking about adding....

87mm throttle body or spacer
180 t-stat

What are your thoughts on the TB and T-stat? Are they necessary and add in a positive way or are they a waste of money? I would really like to hear from Mikey at DS and other veterans of the DS tuners. I'm mostly looking to increase my shifting and throttle response but won't mind the extra HP and TQ of course.

Also, what do you guys who only have Apple computers do?? I have an iMac, iPhone, iPad.....not a PC in the house! I think it's crazy that they don't support Mac in this day and age. :banging: I want to be able to update my tuner of course and also get custom email tunes, so will I be able to use a buddy's PC laptop if he already is using his tuner on it??????

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,028 Posts
Throttle body spacer is a waste of money. I ran an 85mm BBK throttle body on my R/T and felt it helped, however others will tell you it didn't make a difference for them. Most dyno tests I've seen on the throttle body show anywhere from no gain to 8 or 9 hp.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
No need for tb. Thermostat really helps with a tune

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else? Anyone have any input on the Apple situation??

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Wild, I would think about sending your TB to Fastman and have him mod your stock one, or get a moded stock one from him. The stock 80mm has plenty of flow for a 5.7 unless you are planning on adding a blower, cam and headers.
The 180 T-Stat will not make more power, but you will not lose power when the engine heats up. :headbang2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts