Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 392 in the other day for a check up. I get it back all is fine. Wait … this morning after I parked it at work I notice my front valance it is all scratched up - like some really deep scratches. So I call my guy I deal with at the dealer and he asks me to send him some pics which I do. He shows it to his manager and they ask if I can bring it down so they can take a look at it themselves. So I hop in the car and head over. No push back nothing, manager comes out and says no problem we'll order you a new one. That's it. End of story and a new front valance is being ordered for the car. That dealership is Courtesy Chrysler here in Grand Rapids MI. Stand up guys.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
WOW - nice to hear about a dealer that actually takes responsibility for something they've done like that... I've not been so lucky with the GM dealerships I've been to with my other cars (this is my first Dodge).

·
Registered
569 Posts
Check up?

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,205 Posts
I had a similar experience with my Shaker. When they did the alternator recall, the bit from their serpentine belt tension tool somehow found its way inside of the fan shroud. It eventually got hit by the fan and poked a hole in my radiator. The dealership, Larry H Miller Dodge in Tucson, didn't hesitate in installing a new Fluidyne radiator to replace the one that was damaged.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nice I've had one good and one bad experience with two different dealership's

Good/ Laredo TX Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram

Screwed up the lower front bumper and apr front splitter and lower grill from just getting an oil change, after watching the video the service director said we'll fix whatever is broken and they did.

Bad/Ancira Eagle Pass TX Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram,"where I got the car from"

Went in for transmission work, they scratch up the rear bumper deep you can see the base color white, GF tried to say he doesn't have cameras and the machine they use to move car's around wouldn't scratch it, even the new license plate also.

They got a new bumper and guess what it's wasn't painted right just the torred red not base white on a black bumper guess what it's noticable the service director just said it was the right color. They want me to take it to the shop that's in there network I'm 45mins away SMH.

Okay end or rant lol

We need more good ppl in dealership's

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I had a local dealer damage my center console. chipped the finshed edge of the trim plate. they of course denied everything. since that time, whenever any of my cars go in for anything to anyone, I take 5 mins and take pics with my camera in the parking lot before I go inside. time/date stamped on the premises. I also take a min or two to walk the car and look it all over before I leave with it when service is done.
heard to many other, far worse stories to ever trust a dealer again.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,861 Posts
Better if it didn't happen in the first place...just sayin'

A Guy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been there done that. I took mine in to Glendale Dodge for its very first oil change. First brand new car I've ever owned and figured I'd let them handle it. Later that day when I was washing it I noticed the edge of the fender next to the hood had been chipped. Of course this is now late Saturday and the service dept. is closed and I had to wait till Monday to get it addressed. To their credit the assistant service manager looked at it and said no problem we'll take care of it. Even got a loaner Jeep Cherokee to drive in the meantime. Fast forward 5K miles to the next oil change and I'm thinking last time was just a fluke. Wrong. This time they scuffed up the cup holder/trim panel by the headlight. Strike two you're out. I didn't even bother bringing it up once I found out the panel was 20 something odd dollars at Dependable Dodge by my work and they had it in stock.

·
Registered
137 Posts

A Guy
Amen to that. I've got a buddy at work with a Honda and he took it to his local dealership to get the tires rotated. The service techs bent the OEM wheel covers trying to get them off not realizing they're held in place by the lug nuts. Unfreeking believable.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I used to own a 2008 Dodge Charger R/T that I always babied and took excellent care of. I would find shoe scuff marks on the inside lower driver's plastic door panel and on the driver's side plastic running board after getting my car back from service or from the body shop. I owned this car for 11 years until the middle of this month when someone hit it in a parking lot and totaled it with $14,000 damage to it. I would always worry about my car getting scratched and scuffed by the service department at my dealer as well as in parking lots. It was a constant battle for me trying to keep my car looking like brand new. After it got totaled, I decided that it's not worth owning a nice car like this and having to constantly deal with other people scratching and scuffing the car while the car is at the service department or outside in a parking lot. I needed another car after my Charger was totaled, so I just recently ordered the new 2019 Challenger RT Scat Pack Wide Body. But this time around I didn't buy. Instead I leased the Wide Body for 3 years. I personally believe that leasing is the best thing for most people right now because you save lots of money on wear and tear repairs, reconditioning, down payment plus the monthly payments are lower. When you lease, you can enjoy driving the car and then give the car back after 3 years. If you get hit in it or if someone scratches or scuffs your car, you can fix it. But you don't worry about it as much like you do when you own the car because you know that in 3 years you will give the car back and that someone else who will buy it will worry about these things. When one buys a Challenger, they obsess with keeping it really nice looking and like a garage queen. That's all good, but it's very hard to keep any car looking like that. Especially when you drive the car every day and expose it to all of the road and weather elements, parking lots and service departments at dealerships and other repair facilities. It's so easy for someone else to scratch and scuff your Challenger if they are not careful with it. However, if you lease the same car, you know that you will get another newer model in 3 years time, so if it gets scratched or scuffed, you don't have to live with it. You can fix it, but you don't have to deal with it and live with it if the repair was done and you know deep in your mind that your Challenger was scratched, scuffed or hit at one point in time.
After going through 11 years of owning my Charger and worrying about every small scratch and scuff that was put on it by other people, I feel that it's not worth owning a nice car like this. I believe that leasing is the best alternative when you want to drive a nice car like the Challenger because you don't have to live with the scratches and scuffs, even after fixing them when you lease. I know how it is being OCD about a car. Leasing is the best way to deal with scratches and scuffs and overcome the OCD that comes with owning and being anal like I am about a nice car. So to everyone in here who's had their beautiful Challenger scratched and scuffed by the service department at the dealer or in a parking lot, you are better off leasing. You don't have to worry about these things when you lease your Challenger. I currently already received the VON and the VIN number for my Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body and right now I'm waiting for a build date for my car. I would like to enjoy my Challenger when I get it and I will take excellent care of it, but I don't want to be OCD with this car like I was with my Charger for the last 11 years worrying about other people scratching or scuffing it. I will drive and enjoy my Challenger and then in 3 years I will give it back and I will lease another one. I think that leasing will allow me to get the most out of driving my Challenger without having to worry about the things that I used to worry about when I owned my Charger for the last 11 years. Leasing is the best medicine and cure for OCD when one is paired together with a nice car like the Challenger RT Scat Pack Wide Body.

·
Super Moderator
13,602 Posts
We hear so many stories about bad dealers that it is refreshing to see that there are still good ones around.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

A Guy
No doubt!! You don't think taking your car to the dealer is going to destroy it. Maybe your wallet but not your car!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amen to that. I've got a buddy at work with a Honda and he took it to his local dealership to get the tires rotated. The service techs bent the OEM wheel covers trying to get them off not realizing they're held in place by the lug nuts. Unfreeking believable.
WOW! What a bunch of hammerheads!

·
Super Moderator
14,839 Posts
WOW! What a bunch of hammerheads!
somewhere in the past year someone posted of where a dealership employee used a screwdriver to pry up the spoiler - deck lid had to be replaced.
-there's no shortage of stupid out there!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
My only real complaint about my last dealer is my '10 R/T's drivers side window was going up really slowly, so they said they would get me a new motor and put that in and look over the mechanism and replace anything that had a wear problem. They did put the motor in, but it barely sped up the window movement and the tech scratched the hell out of the bezel with a screwdriver when he removed and replaced it. I saw it as soon as I got into the car when it was ready and the service writer apologized and said they would order a new one and call me when it came in. A couple of days later, it showed up and I set the appointment up. They didn't scratch the new bezel up, but they messed up the leather on the door around the bezel and I had a doctor's appointment and my mom had some medical issues that week so I didn't say anything until about a week later, when they told me, "Too bad, you should have come in right away!". At that point in time, it was the only mark on the inside of the car, and I wasn't happy at all about it. I said something the next time I came in and when I bought a service contract for 4 oil changes, they changed it to 6, and they covered a couple of minor problems that I expected to pay for, as the 3/36 warranty had expired. All in all, I was happy with them.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
My only real complaint about my last dealer is my '10 R/T's drivers side window was going up really slowly, so they said they would get me a new motor and put that in and look over the mechanism and replace anything that had a wear problem. They did put the motor in, but it barely sped up the window movement and the tech scratched the hell out of the bezel with a screwdriver when he removed and replaced it. I saw it as soon as I got into the car when it was ready and the service writer apologized and said they would order a new one and call me when it came in. A couple of days later, it showed up and I set the appointment up. They didn't scratch the new bezel up, but they messed up the leather on the door around the bezel and I had a doctor's appointment and my mom had some medical issues that week so I didn't say anything until about a week later, when they told me, "Too bad, you should have come in right away!". At that point in time, it was the only mark on the inside of the car, and I wasn't happy at all about it. I said something the next time I came in and when I bought a service contract for 4 oil changes, they changed it to 6, and they covered a couple of minor problems that I expected to pay for, as the 3/36 warranty had expired. All in all, I was happy with them.
Sad that its come down to having to decide to live with a minor problem rather than having your dealer with their supposed trained "techs" make things worse. Just hoping my car stays relatively trouble free.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
@Clevetown I'm also in Grand Rapids, MI - and bought my '19 SP WB at Courtesy in GR. Solid guys there, agree. I wonder if I've seen you cruising around town...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts