Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not much going on and the day was creeping up to 70+. So a few of us met up for lunch and a drive. I had my camera gear with me (always do) and one of the owners suggested we drive over to the B52 Memorial at the Orlando International airport. I've been wanting to get close and take some pictures, seeing as I fly out of the airport every other week.

Side note, they're going to be upgrading the memorial with a museum, restaurant and a few additional era aircraft. We also met with a group of South Vietnam vets having a reunion. They loved the cars and took a bunch of pictures with them.

The full set of pictures can be found over at our Central Florida Challenger Owners site here

Coolest part and unbeknownst to us, was this marking on the side of the B-52

More info about the park, just in case you come to Disney or Universal and want to check it out. link via google maps (satellite view)

Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Registered
368 Posts
Great pictures!!! My dad worked on B-52's and KC-135's back in the day and I remember these things flying overhead all the time!

<cheers>

·
Super Moderator
14,221 Posts
Very cool photos.

I really envy your Florida weather. We are living in the new ice age in the Northeast. This is what the rest of us are dealing with.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Nice pictures!!!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone,
I still have plenty of family up in RI and they let me know how wonderful it is. I just came back from NY and Toronto... My blood has thinned sense being down here.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My father was a flight engineer on B-52s and KC-135s. I Was born on a SAC base. Used to watch them fly overhead as they were heading for landing at Westover. They'd be so low you could see the tail gunner. all year long you would hear the engines running 24/7.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Very cool photos.

I really envy your Florida weather. We are living in the new ice age in the Northeast. This is what the rest of us are dealing with.

Holy crap! Is that rig ready to flip!

Sorry OP not hi jacking. As a AirForce vet and challenger owner I very much appreciate the pics. Outstanding!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I remember the BUFF's at my first assignment at Carswell AFB...PEACE!!! Through Superior Firepower

1 - 8 of 8 Posts