Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't mention the wheels again... oops.

- Lack of fog lights. I know the bigger vents took their place down there, but personally I just love having fog lights. Looks more menacing at night when on.
- Lack of tip to tail stripes option. Some love them, some don't. I happen to love the look. I think the 392 looks more menacing because they have the option. I have always had racing stripes on my cars. Just the look I love going with.
- Needs a more differentiating hood. The extra two heat extractor vents aren't enough (even though they are functional)
- wheels. sorry had to do it. So disappointed there.

none of these would prevent me from buying however. But hoping the 2016 model might address some of these.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would of liked to see a stripe kit available also; I'm going with the satin hood just to make the car look a bit more distinctive. I'm sure they or the aftermarket will come out with a stripe kit in the near future though so maybe the satin hood isn't a good idea.. /shrug.

My biggest gripe is that they couldn't find room for the collision avoidance/adaptive cruise control sensor up front due to the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts
I'm just hoping for a "supercharged" badge delete
That's easy to self delete....fishing line and goo gone. Done in 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Yes, 5 spoke aluminum finish wheels,,,how hard and costly could it be.... Heck, offer previous models designs???? I'd settle for the ones that came on the cars in first few years.

E-mailed two company who produce aftermarket stripes. Both are committed to produce as soon as they can get there hands on a Hellcat.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Wheels, hood and stripes are all easy to do aftermarket and then you can get ANYTHING you want.
And yeah I think I may shave off the Supercharged badges also.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I certainly can understand wanting more options from the factory, but my impression is that wrap and knifeless tape technology are so good now that you can get really excellent custom stripes for not a lot of money nowadays.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Those heat extractors in the hood are bad azz!

Reactions: 3 peddles

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm just hoping for a "supercharged" badge delete
if i am able to get one ... removal of this badge would be my first mod... it looks okay, i just dont want it on there displaying/ advertising.... second mod would be full time wide open exhaust... third payoff loan... nothing left to change/alter/modify IMO....

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I won't mention the wheels again... oops.
- Lack of fog lights. I know the bigger vents took their place down there, but personally I just love having fog lights. Looks more menacing at night when on.
- Lack of tip to tail stripes option. Some love them, some don't. I happen to love the look. I think the 392 looks more menacing because they have the option. I have always had racing stripes on my cars. Just the look I love going with.
- Needs a more differentiating hood. The extra two heat extractor vents aren't enough (even though they are functional)
- wheels. sorry had to do it. So disappointed there.

None of these would prevent me from buying however. But hoping the 2016 model might address some of these.
The lack of fog lights are for performance. Would you rather look good or have more performance? I for one, would rather have more performance. They allow cool air for the intercoolers.
The hood extractors are enough and will work fine, if not they would have had bigger ones. They let the flow of air through the engine bay escape through them to prevent the hood from flying off. I have them on my Roush as well.
The wheels can be replaced and the the stripes can always be added.
Good luck! :clap:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
For anyone not liking the wheels, when you get your Hellcat, sell me your stock wheels/tires cheap, I'll gladly take them off your hands. You can then replace with aftermarket wheels, as long as you can clear the huge front Brembos. If you thought it was a pain clearing the current setup, it will be even worse. :D

But again, I'll gladly take an extra set of stock wheels... if you have Brass Monkey, even better, that way I can have a set of each! :)

Reactions: Jackal

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
For anyone not liking the wheels, when you get your Hellcat, sell me your stock wheels/tires cheap, I'll gladly take them off your hands. You can then replace with aftermarket wheels, as long as you can clear the huge front Brembos. If you thought it was a pain clearing the current setup, it will be even worse. :D

But again, I'll gladly take an extra set of stock wheels... if you have Brass Monkey, even better, that way I can have a set of each! :)
No, if you ever want to sell the car, it won't bring as much money without the factory wheels. That's the big downside to the factory wheels, if you replace them then you need a place to store the factory rims. You definitely need to keep them with the car, even if the wheels just sit in storage.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I really hate the 707 hp I was hoping for a round number like 700. LOL

·
Registered
368 Posts

I'll remove the black paint and have them powder coated aluminum.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.