Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Vendor
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since every little build seems to get a lot of attention on the forum, and since we rarely go around blowing our own horn I thought I'd share a few cars that we've been working on in our shop over the past few weeks. One thing you'll notice is that we do a lot of ProCharger builds:

From Michigan, here's an HHP/BES Low Compression 426 Stroker with ProCharger D1SC Stage 2 dialed in at 10psi of boost in a Plum Crazy Charger SRT-8 that will be hitting the track next year. The car is fully streetable and drives like a champ. She's sitting at just over 700rwhp on a safe 93 Octane tune right now since the motor is still breaking in. Once she gets about a 1000 miles on her, we'll turn up the boost and bring in a race gas tune.

Then we brought back in our Magnum SRT-8 with our Forged HHP/BES 6.1L motor in it with the Procharger F1D H.O. Package we offer in order to put a final race tune on it at 15psi. We hoped to be able to do a nitrous tune but the Zex controller took a dump on us before we could even make a pull so it will be Spring time before we go back to dyno and run the juice. On boost alone, we made 853rwhp.

I ran this Magnum at Atco and blew the tires off the line the first past, rolled back in to the throttle prematurely before centering the car and it started heading to the centerline really quick so I let back out and just coasted the back half running a low 13 sec pass at around a trap speed of 60 mph when I crossed the line. The second pass I loaded up the converter to make her hook up and broke a DSS axle which has since been upgraded to the DSS 1400hp axles. The DSS stepped up and admitted that a supplier had given them lower grade than purchased axle materials and they have since changed suppliers.

We also had the AfterFX HHP/BES 440 with the ProCharger F1A back in here for some upgrades. We switched the fuel system over from the Modern Muscle 2-Pump kit to a Fore Precision 3-Pump kit - the same one we sell as a complete package. We upgraded the injectors as well and made a new custom intake for the blower. We were hoping to see an increase in boost but we didn't, she stayed at 15psi which showed us that the mesh blower filter that ProCharger supplies flows very well.

We officially made 908rwhp and we were still continuing to make power with the car as you can see. We hit some restrictions on the final pull we made, run 14, and we would have hit around 930rwhp had the restriction not come in to play. We have a few ideas on how to address the restriction but with limited time, we pulled the car off the dyno, detailed her up and sent her off a couple of hours later straight to the Boston Auto Show for display. Some of you guys may have seen her there.

We've had a lot of other notable builds in the past few weeks going on in the shop as well. SRT5939's Kenne Bell forged 6.1L made some awesome power and ran low 10's before the season was ended. Can't wait to get his car back on the track in a couple of months. We've had a few Eagle's players Kenne Bell Challengers in here, I like this one myself:

And here's my favorite 6-Speed Challenger we did over the past few months, a ProCharger D1SC Stage 2 at 10psi on our HHP/BES 426. It was built for the street and on 93 octane she sat at 680rwhp on a hot day with low, safe timing because we really didn't trust the customer's driving skills after he about passed out when I took him for a drive in a 392 Vortech Jeep we worked on that ran low 10's. This car was such a blast on the street with around 850 flywheel horsepower, I hated to see this car leave to go back to New Mexico.

And we'd like to wrap up the year congratulating several of our customers for their achievements and performances this year. Just from the past few week's time, I'd like to congratulate:

Chris D., HEMI~C~, who just recently put down 1140 rwhp with Brent from DTP last month on our HHP/BES 392 stroker and his lil' YSI Vortech with a dribble of NO2. Already running in the 9's for the past two years, I can't wait to see him on the track this Spring with all the newfound power.

Mike S., 9SecSRT, another DTP install and tuned car as well, who chose our HHP/BES Forged 6.1L and F1D ProCharger as his secret weapon, showing the world that a lil' 6.1L, at full weight plus roll bar can drive to the track and run 9.7's and drive home with nothing more than a change in tire pressure... and he wrapped up build so late in the season he still hasn't been race tuned yet. He's got at least a few more tenths to go.

Jeff S, budoboy, for putting our HHP/BES Stage 2R Heads and Cam package so far out there ahead of our competition with his 10.8s pass, naturally aspirated, on a stock bottom end SRT-8 at Atco a few weeks ago. That was simply incredible.

We still have a few builds going on that we'll share with you when we're done over the next couple of weeks, like our HHP/BES Stage 2 Heads & Cam with Magnacharger Challenger we're wrapping up tuning on which I think is a cool build. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Thanks!

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
68 Posts
Josh I must also thank you for the support. Anytime I have called him his answer is always when do you need it by!!!

I have not had the car on the dyno with a full NOS hit. I think 1000 plus to the ground is a light guess.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike for the kind words! I can't wait to line up against you this spring with my ProCharged F1C HHP/BES Forged 6.1L SRT-8 that's in build.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The worst part is we have a lot of high 400, 500 and 600 rwhp builds we do as well, and even though these cars are quick as heck, the numbers just aren't attention grabbers so we rarely post them up. You guys would be tired of seeing our install threads if that weren't the case... but I post up the pics on our facebook page all the time so guys like GSO can drool. hahahaha

·
Vendor
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm down for it. Lets build one and put it up against our 1600hp 400ci LSX F1R race car we're building for the 2011 season.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Joshua,
Yeah, it's def working. That forged 6.1 is proving to be a force to be reckoned with. Would love that fab'd intake manifold but the price tag :(
Now get working on that quote so we can see what one of them HHP forged 6.1 with an F1D can do out here in the Pacific waters :thumbsup:
Gil

·
Registered
468 Posts
Josh you have me so stoked right now that I wish my car was in your shop right now. See you in a couple of weeks and I will be the next one posting pictures.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck yeah, Gil! I'm working on it... as you can see I got a little sidetracked. lmao

·
Registered
191 Posts
No worries. It's summer all year round here :) I was just busting your chops!
I gotta say, customer service at HHP is great. From the purchases I made last year, to the one hour discussion I had with Joshua on the phone. I can hear all the phone calls coming in and Joshua did not rush me off the phone :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Joshua,
Yeah, it's def working. That forged 6.1 is proving to be a force to be reckoned with. Would love that fab'd intake manifold but the price tag :(
Now get working on that quote so we can see what one of them HHP forged 6.1 with an F1D can do out here in the Pacific waters :thumbsup:
Gil

Gil feel free to call me if you want to know anything about the build!!!
From street behavior or track experience. You will be amazed.

Mike

757-880-2681

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Josh you have me so stoked right now that I wish my car was in your shop right now. See you in a couple of weeks and I will be the next one posting pictures.
you should just put the blower on while it's there LOL

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mike,
It was great talking to you. Funny thing was I was going to try an contact you to get the low down on your build.
I'm blown away (no pun intended) by the potential of your combo and can't wait to see it in my Challenger.
Thanks again and look forward to picking your brain in the months ahead.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Mike,
It was great talking to you. Funny thing was I was going to try an contact you to get the low down on your build.
I'm blown away (no pun intended) by the potential of your combo and can't wait to see it in my Challenger.
Thanks again and look forward to picking your brain in the months ahead.
Mike's car is badas$ and sick fast with all the seats in it, i'm sure he will be happy to talk to you about his car anytime. We talk all the time about the cars. what he's gonna do next will be amazingly faster.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts