Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I am SUPER knew to exhaust, but I really want my car to sound louder. I just have a few questions...

So I have been looking at flowmaster super 44's. I can get the full cat back system for about $800, or i can just buy two mufflers for $90 each.
I don't care about preformance, or MPG, increased horsepower or anything. I just want the sound, so my question is, is the $800 worth it? Or is it just as well to but two mufflers for $180 because all i want is the sound?

My next question, is which is the best for sound? I've seen flowmaster 10's, 40's, and 44's.. but i don't know the difference between them?

So finally (If I do go with just the mufflers) is all I need two mufflers and go to an auto shop and have those installed and i'm good?

I'm just trying to figure everything out and get the best sound for the money!

Answers to any and all questions is GREATLY appriciated, also, any input helps!

THANK YOU

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger RT
8 Posts
I recently, just a few weeks ago actually, installed an exhaust system on my 2014 SXT Plus. I went with Solo Performance Exhausts. I highly recommend them. If you're looking for a tuned sound, or just want a louder exhaust, this is the one you need. There's a few videos on YouTube showing off the exhaust, including a video from Solo themselves. Definitely check it out.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger RT
8 Posts
Also, I wouldnt put mufflers on the Solo system. It comes with tuned J-pipes. If you were to replace them with mufflers it'd ruin the sound.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Love the solo exhaust, very little drone and sounds nice. The exhaust doesnt sound like your trying to pretend to be a V8.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at some videos, and it did sound good, but it is still $800... DO you know if just a muffler would add sound?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've been considering this system for my 13 SXT+.

Watched the video and read the descriptions. Question is: how is this system "tunable"? What gets adjusted and how?

I assume the stock tips will fit since they offer a system without tips.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
You adjust the j-pipes which effect the drone and pitch of the exhaust. Yes they work with stock tips.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
How "good" the sound is is pretty subjective. Lots of videos in the V6 exhaust sticky to listen to. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Louder? Cut out your resonators. I wanted a deeper tone, and I put Magnaflows on mine, however I don't remember the details. I like the sound, and it has no drone to bother you on the inside. If you don't mind spending the money the Solo Performance as others have said, is pretty darn good.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey. I put on 2 flowmaster 44's right after the cats, then straight pipes all the way back to the stock tips. Sounds amazing. A little bit on drone but the soumd in defently worth it
Only cost me $500 total installed. Well worth the $$$

·
Registered
421 Posts
Okay, so I am SUPER knew to exhaust, but I really want my car to sound louder. I just have a few questions...

So I have been looking at flowmaster super 44's. I can get the full cat back system for about $800, or i can just buy two mufflers for $90 each.
I don't care about preformance, or MPG, increased horsepower or anything. I just want the sound, so my question is, is the $800 worth it? Or is it just as well to but two mufflers for $180 because all i want is the sound?

My next question, is which is the best for sound? I've seen flowmaster 10's, 40's, and 44's.. but i don't know the difference between them?

So finally (If I do go with just the mufflers) is all I need two mufflers and go to an auto shop and have those installed and i'm good?

I'm just trying to figure everything out and get the best sound for the money!

Answers to any and all questions is GREATLY appriciated, also, any input helps!

THANK YOU
If your only concern is sound, swapping out your mufflers will definitely work. If you purchase two mufflers in the correct size and offset for your car, an exhaust shop will be able to install them for you quickly and easily. Flowmaster "Series" designations(Super 10, Super 44, etc.) are based on sound. Each "Series" of muffler is different in terms of case size and internals but, because all of our mufflers are designed to scavenge exhaust gases and improve vehicle performance, muffler choice is based on sound preference and vehicle fitment. What kind of sound are you looking to achieve? Here is a link to all of the options that Flowmaster produces for the V6 Challenger. I would recommend our 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers if you would like a mild to moderate exhaust tone or a set of our 40 Series Delta Flow mufflers if you want a bit more volume and aggressiveness out of your system. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I think the GTR sounds pretty good. Now if the Challenger could run like one... That won't happen :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If your only concern is sound, swapping out your mufflers will definitely work. If you purchase two mufflers in the correct size and offset for your car, an exhaust shop will be able to install them for you quickly and easily. Flowmaster "Series" designations(Super 10, Super 44, etc.) are based on sound. Each "Series" of muffler is different in terms of case size and internals but, because all of our mufflers are designed to scavenge exhaust gases and improve vehicle performance, muffler choice is based on sound preference and vehicle fitment. What kind of sound are you looking to achieve? Here is a link to all of the options that Flowmaster produces for the V6 Challenger. I would recommend our 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers if you would like a mild to moderate exhaust tone or a set of our 40 Series Delta Flow mufflers if you want a bit more volume and aggressiveness out of your system. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Hey [email protected],

I looked into the different mufflers, and I am on this page right now, and i'm not sure which specifications I need to fit my 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT?

SUPER 44 SERIES FLOWMASTER DELTA FLOW MUFFLERS

Also, I was wondering, for a resonator delete, what exatly would i need to purchase to replace where those were? I don't want anything illegal or something that won't pass an emissions test in California.

Thank you!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey [email protected],

I looked into the different mufflers, and I am on this page right now, and i'm not sure which specifications I need to fit my 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT?

SUPER 44 SERIES FLOWMASTER DELTA FLOW MUFFLERS

Also, I was wondering, for a resonator delete, what exatly would i need to purchase to replace where those were? I don't want anything illegal or something that won't pass an emissions test in California.

Thank you!
Your Challenger will require 2.25 offset in/ 2.25 offset out mufflers. We use specially designed 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers and Flowmaster resonators in our Force II kit, which I would personally recommend for the best tone on a V6. The 50 Series Delta Flow is a 3 chamber muffler which, like your OEM resonators, helps to limit the possibility of drone on the V6. If you want your car to sound really aggressive and are not concerned with interior resonance, Super 44's and a resonator delete will do it. If you don't want to purchase a Cat-back system, I would leave the stock resonators in place and swap your OEM mufflers out for a set of 2.25 offset in / 2.25 offset out Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers. This setup will give you a nice moderate exhaust note and save you some cash. All of [URL="http://www.flowmastermufflers.com"]Flowmaster's[/URL] individually sold mufflers are universal-fit and I would recommend that you have an exhaust shop perform the swap if you do not have prior experienced with this type of install. Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey [email protected] ,

I am going to go with the super 44's.

I went on the website and chose the 2.25 offset in / 2.25 offset out stainless steel super 44 mufflers. I just wanted to make sure these will fit my 2014 Dodge challenger sxt before i purchase them. When i check on the website, it says they will NOT fit my vehicle, so i wanted to check with you first.

Thank you!

Product Details

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey [email protected] ,

I am going to go with the super 44's.

I went on the website and chose the 2.25 offset in / 2.25 offset out stainless steel super 44 mufflers. I just wanted to make sure these will fit my 2014 Dodge challenger sxt before i purchase them. When i check on the website, it says they will NOT fit my vehicle, so i wanted to check with you first.

Thank you!

Product Details
Those mufflers will fit. Our website takes a while to update muffler recommendations for newer vehicles and because your car is a 2014, this is likely the reason that it stated that these Super 44's 'will not fit'. As I mentioned before, some adaptation will be required because of the smaller case size of these mufflers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those mufflers will fit. Our website takes a while to update muffler recommendations for newer vehicles and because your car is a 2014, this is likely the reason that it stated that these Super 44's 'will not fit'. As I mentioned before, some adaptation will be required because of the smaller case size of these mufflers.
What do you mean by "adaptation"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts