Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just bought my first challenger. Its a 13 rallye redline. Just had a few questions i thought maybe you all could help with.

1. The car came with a key fob that sticks in a rectangular hole in the dash to start it. I noticed the push to start buttons have an end on them Just like the key fob. Can i just buy a push to start button and insert it in the hole and that should work so long as the fob is nearby or no?

2. My challenger came with the RES stereo stock. I'd like to add backup camera and a touchscreen with Nav. Is there an aftermarket radio you can suggest that will keep all my steering wheel controls working? Or is the RHB my best bet?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these are the most pressing art the moment and my search efforts have yielded no results so far. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,463 Posts
Can't help you with question 1. I believe if you shift the trans to "manual" mode it will prevent the eco mode from engaging. An aftermarket tuner may give you the ability to disable it too.

·
Registered
Dodge challenger rallye redline
453 Posts
some push button plugs are in the glove box or by the spare tire the dealer forgets to install it. if not you can just buy the push button insert. the eco mode display can be turned off in the settings with the car in park and running

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes the push button is 15 dollars at dealer.You can also just stick your finger in there and push and it will start as long as fob is in your pocket.You can tell everyone your car reads your fingerprint.I did this on a 2011 Challenger I used to have.It was missing button so I stuck finger in there and pushed and it worked.Dealer gave me a new button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts