Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the SXT Rallye Redline recently. I found it to be way faster than I expected. I don't want to open a can of worms here or anything. That being said is the power of the V6 enough for everyone? I do not plan to race or anything I just want to drive it in the summer and have some fun doing so. Insurance is cheaper for the V6 I am thinking I will wait until I have a midlife crisis to buy the V8.What is the diffrence between the SXT with the flappy paddle gear box (paddle shifter) model and the Rallye Redline? Besides the bigger tires and stripe is there any diffrence. I see a huge price diffrence in the two. Is one just as fast as the other? Is there a diffence in handling?
I think that is all the quesions I have for now.
Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
The SXT with Sinister Sport or Sport package is cheaper than the Redline and has all the good performance stuff like 3.07 axle ratio, paddle shifters, bigger sway bars, and retuned steering and suspension. I bought one a couple months ago and it has plenty of power, I did install an AEM dryflow air filter and will get a Diablo Intune just to help with throttle response around town.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
If you liked the way it drives....

that is all that matters.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
V6 is not for everyone...but I enjoy the heck out of mine

·
Registered
71 Posts
Some consider V6s to be entry level, kind of like starter homes. However starter homes are still homes and depending on your family plan, it may be all you ever want. Same goes for the V6. I love my V6. I've only had it to the floor a few times. I just drive it back and forth to work and on the highway, enjoying the comfort, looks and MPG. I have done several appearance mods and I just like it. I find myself staring at it some too, happy knowing that it really is mine, haha.

·
Registered
344 Posts
2 + years with mine and about as many engine mods as you can do for the v6's. I'm now pushing 330 Crank HP and am very pleased with the power range. It's not the v8 BUT it's as close as you will come. The Tuner should give you an extra aprox 15 HP. For $570 that is far too steep for 15 HP in my opinion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The SXT with Sinister Sport or Sport package is cheaper than the Redline and has all the good performance stuff like 3.07 axle ratio, paddle shifters, bigger sway bars, and retuned steering and suspension. I bought one a couple months ago and it has plenty of power, I did install an AEM dryflow air filter and will get a Diablo Intune just to help with throttle response around town.
Great advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I have driven all 3 models I will say while I do love the R/T and the SRT. There is just somthing magical about the Rallye Redline SXT V6 I drove:smokin:. So much so that I went back today and drove it again. I now am sure I want to go with the Redline V6. I know it is a bit more than the normal V6 Sports package but there is just somthing about the phantom black Redline with the red stripe and 20inch wheels with the red stripe.:SM120: Thank you everyone for your input. I am gald I had good info to help me decide.:banana:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Now that I have driven all 3 models I will say while I do love the R/T and the SRT. There is just somthing magical about the Rallye Redline SXT V6 I drove:smokin:. So much so that I went back today and drove it again. I now am sure I want to go with the Redline V6. I know it is a bit more than the normal V6 Sports package but there is just somthing about the phantom black Redline with the red stripe and 20inch wheels with the red stripe.:SM120: Thank you everyone for your input. I am gald I had good info to help me decide.:banana:
Congrats on getting the one you like!! That's all that matters, I know the V6 is plenty for me since I don't even get to use all the power it has on a regular basis. Sounds like a beautiful car, post some pics when you get it and if you have any questions just ask that's why we're here.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts

I'm pretty sure that had the 3:07 rear axle which makes the 3.6 engine seem like a monster.

Congrats on buying it! My minor fear is you might have some trouble keeping those inner wheel stripes clean. Your car must look so awesome. :clap:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm celebrating owning my Rallye Redline for 1 year today. I too drove RTs and an SRT before deciding the 3.6 was enough for me, and one year later, I don't regret it. I plan to own this car for a long time and being able to use regular gas, better gas mileage, and cheaper insurance will add up over time. But the thing that pushed me over the edge was the overall combo. The color combination, the handling and balance, and that 6500 rpm growl did it for me. And I get compliments every time I stop somewhere.

Enjoy your new car.

Dallas

Reactions: Shank
1 - 13 of 13 Posts