Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just wanted to pass on some tips and reminders for people traveling during the Holiday Season. I noticed that a lot of the collisions I come across could be easily avoided if travelers would just follow a few simple rules while driving.

1. WEAR YOUR SEATBELT. I can't say this enough. We just had a fatal collision last week where two people died because neither of them were wearing a seatbelt. Happens all the time. Just wear it.

2. SLOW DOWN IN THE RAIN. I don't care if you have traction control. Every time it rains, people are spinning out like crazy because they drive 75 mph in the rain. I have extensive perfromance driver training and I drive 60 mph tops in the rain. Also, try to drive in the center of the freeway. Freeways are built to be convex, so the water runs off to the sides during a storm. Most collisions occur in the fast lane, because motorists are driving too fast and they contact a puddle of water.

3. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. This is a no brainer. A DUI costs a lot more than a taxi. If you are going to drink, have a plan in place. Call a family member to pick you up if you can't afford a taxi. It's better than a DUI and a whole lot better than the blood you will have on your hands if you kill someone. No one I've arrested ever thought they would kill someone because they went out and had a few drinks.

Stay safe and I hope everyone has a great Holiday.

This message is brought to you by your
Friendly Neighborhood California Highway Patrol Officer

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hahahah pretty good videos :)

Seriously though years ago I had pretty bad accident on the highway - rolled over twice and ended up in the ditch with the car facing the wrong direction and all. My wife (girlfriend at the time) was with me in car.

We both were wearing seat belts, we didn't even have a scratch! People in front and behind us stopped and they were all white faced and scared to death when they approached the car. We were just shaken, but fine.

Wear your seat belts people! Drive safely...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts