Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a good day today! Drove to Rockford to Mr. Norms to pick up my car to bring to LX and beyond next weekend. Tim, Todd, and a few of Mr. Norms customers all went to Byron Dragstrip for some test runs with my newest setup.

Since Tim injured his wrist he couldn't test so I was the first to try out the new setup. When we arrived temp. was mid to high 80's and climbed to 90+ by the end of the day. Tim calculated the DA to be 3900 + .

Track prep was good in my opinion even though we overpowered the track on some passes. We used different set-ups on all of the 4 passes I made today. Different timing of the nitrous, air pressure, launch technique, ect.

On my first pass we ran 9.8 something - the slip is in my car on the trailer at. Mr Norms. I'll be picking the car up after an alignment Monday and will post later next week. This pass was a track record of lowest ET for a modern mopar at Byron :)

The second pass we overpowered the track and while concentrating on steering I hit the rev limiter so I shifted into third and ran thru the trap at 1800 RPM not wanting to hurt anything. The time was 13 + seconds.

The third pass we videoed. That was either 10.0X or 10.1X. It was just plain HOT. Track was 126 degrees by then.

Fourth pass was similair to the 3rd and about the same time. As temps were getting brutal we trailered and left.

I'll post the timeslips next weekend. In the meantime some pics from Friday at Mr. Norms.

Come say hi next weekend at LX and Beyond.

And here is my insane 426 in action today!

Rubbels Insane 426 Challenger :: mythirdpass.mp4 video by rubbel813 - Photobucket

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Nice pass Jim :guiness: It's all down hill from now. Hope Ill get to see it again at Speedworld some time. Good luck in your endeavors.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Congrats Jim. Nice video. Glad you're there man! You must be thrilled.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Great video. Looks and sounds like everything worked great. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Nice Light and pass. Must be a kick in th pants to drive that thing!!

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Wow, that's got to be fun! Nice pass!

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Alright Jim! I'm very happy for you bud. Must of made it all worth it for you.
Congrats, Tim and Todd for a job well done. Long over due but welldone.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
I see you changed your tac. How come?
what was the AF? Did you hit it with the N2o?
can you watch them gauges on the center of the dash when your going down the track?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
John;

Changed the tach a long time ago. Just liked it better. We ran dyno on friday and AFR was set in the mid 10's I think. I was running around the Mr. Norms shop trying to see all I could there so I didn't watch everything going on with just my car.

To be honest the four passes I made were just to get comfortable with the car. After the first 2 temperature was brutal.I carried the left front 200' on my first pass and I never even realized the wheel was off the ground!
However, no video of that happening as everyone was prepping or in line to run at the same time.

This car drives really nice and is straight and stable. It is a confidence builder. I am still a beginner in this car but darn it's FUN!!! Getting those first few passes was a long time coming but worth the wait. I'd run again today in a heartbeat but we are doing an alignment Monday. I left my car with Tim otherwise I would have posted my slips to show how the car performed.

I'll see you next weekend and I'll have all the slips with me. My 9.x run top speed was 140 I believe. In the heat I was around 135 mph.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Nice Runs Jim !!! Congrats !!!!

·
Banned
642 Posts
Jim, nice run. You have incredible patience but was obviously well worth the wait. Can't wait to hear your times in cooler weather.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smoke was rolling out of the ****pit, from the sunroof cover, just about everywhere on the trip down the return road. What a thrill!!!

Glad to see others get some enjoyment from this too!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
So awesome!! Congratulations! You have definitely earned it.

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Jim congrats and way to ride :guiness:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts