Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put this post here in the Diablo section only because it centers around the Diablo Trinity tuner and Diablo Sports in general.

Last night I wanted to switch to a canned 91 tune for my '13 R/T, so I loaded the original tune back into the car and filled the tank with 93. Then I loaded the 91 tune and put the Trinity in Monitor mode to check for knock and such. I was under the impression that MDS is by default disabled on this tune- but it isn't. Ah well.
Anyway, I somehow managed to snag the cable with my foot when exiting the car and ripped the end off at the tuner side. That's one secure suction cup mount. It was 9 PM so I called it a night.

Problem: Damned MDS is still active. Can't tweak it.

A friend tells me that LoneStar Performance here in town is a Diablo dealer. I call them first thing and ask- and they say nope, no cable in stock, without even checking. So I call Diablo direct, their Sales Dept.. Nope, they don't take orders over the phone for this type of stuff. They say to call Summitt Racing, they have loads of them. I call Summitt Racing. NO! They don't have a part number for it. I end up ordering the part through Diablo's web site, and was expecting to be able to expedite shipping. NO! Only option is standard shipping, 3 to 7 business days.

I know, I know - '*****, *****, *****'. But I get to spend another whole week with MDS enabled. So there's that.

Isn't there a way for Diablo to offer more than one shipping option? Isn't there a way for Diablo to take an order for a replacement cable over the phone? Isn't there a way to expedite the shipping? Isn't there a way for me to stop whining?!

I hate the modern world. It's only convenient for nobody and everyone thinks they have to do it the way the system says to because they are a slave to the system.

Hrmph.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a little update: the cable I ordered has shipped already, via Fedex. That's awesome! Thank you Diablo!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And another update: They sent it signature required. Too bad, as I won't be there to sign for it. Guess I get to go pick it up after three days of playing doorbell tag.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out the shipping will get the cable to my door on Thursday. And then I get to go pick it up from Fedex.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Well, your cable is on the road -- that's good.

Look at the bright side...just think of all the gas you'll save with MDS engaged, lol.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
345_CHLNGR , great mechanic and awesome individual that he is, took the cable he had carefully installed in his '12 monster supercharged Challenger out and hooked me up , so I am tuned. Now I need to make it up to him by buying his car.

·
Registered
484 Posts
if you drive in auto stick msd will be deactivated FYI

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where you able to deactivate the MDS and have the 93 tune? I have the Diablo Sport Predator in my '10 R/T. I can't figure out how to have the 93 tune AND disable the MDS. I have been just disabling the MDS with the stock tune for street use and then putting the 93 Octane tune in when I go to the track.

Don

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not using the canned tunes, but you can disable the MDS using a canned tune by using the Quick Adjust, I think.

Where you able to deactivate the MDS and have the 93 tune? I have the Diablo Sport Predator in my '10 R/T. I can't figure out how to have the 93 tune AND disable the MDS. I have been just disabling the MDS with the stock tune for street use and then putting the 93 Octane tune in when I go to the track.

Don

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course they declined my written note as signature proxy so I guess I get to pick it up - eventually.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

Don
easy, modify the 93 tune the same way you modify the stock tune.
Select the 93 tune, choose modify tune/modify parameters, set MDS off, back out, install, done :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts