Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
818 Posts
Thanks for posting that, you may have just cost me money! I like those, but the idea of drilling into my hood is a bit scary. I put the spoiler on the rear of my first Charger, but that wasn't drilling holes for through pins. The process seemed very straight forward, thank you for showing every step clearly on the drilling process. If you ever make another video, PLEASE do it landscape!!! (and turn the car around so the light is behind the camera person, it will come out a lot better). Those are just nit-pick stuff, to me.
I have one question, the trim that goes on top of the hook, I could see it has a protrusion that fits into the 1 1/4" hole you drilled. What is the O/D of that protrusion? (how much wiggle room is there?)
What I think I would do additionally to make that trim centered perfectly would be to put a wrapping of tape on the pin, or a thin sleeve over the pin to keep it centered perfect as I put it down onto the hood.

·
Vendor
11,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting that, you may have just cost me money! I like those, but the idea of drilling into my hood is a bit scary. I put the spoiler on the rear of my first Charger, but that wasn't drilling holes for through pins. The process seemed very straight forward, thank you for showing every step clearly on the drilling process. If you ever make another video, PLEASE do it landscape!!! (and turn the car around so the light is behind the camera person, it will come out a lot better). Those are just nit-pick stuff, to me.
I have one question, the trim that goes on top of the hook, I could see it has a protrusion that fits into the 1 1/4" hole you drilled. What is the O/D of that protrusion? (how much wiggle room is there?)
What I think I would do additionally to make that trim centered perfectly would be to put a wrapping of tape on the pin, or a thin sleeve over the pin to keep it centered perfect as I put it down onto the hood.
some wiggle room, not probably one inch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts