Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well since starting in July 2020 we will no longer require a front plate here in Ohio. (I am going to push the envelope and change mine out a year early.) When I ordered bumper plugs and I removed my license plate bracket there were a couple small marks on the feature line of the front cover so my bracket is staying on the car, I need help picking a plate for the front of my car. Just curious as to what my "friends" on here think. Keep in mind my car is Redline Red tri coat and I have matte black accents on it. But here are 5 plates I narrowed it down to (the sixth plate I just threw in because I know a lot of you are hooked on a You Tube

1.) R/T
2.) Dodge
3.) Direct Connection (Keeping with 70's tradition)
4.) American Flag
5.) Mopar Performance
6.) will be in the following post and purely for your entertainment. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,919 Posts
Last but not least, I thought some of you might find this interesting

6.)
It has 8 characters, California has 7 max :) I remember when they were switching to 7 digits trying to get TRANS AM, like everyone else :)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've been "pushing the envelope" since 2003? That was the last time I had a front plate, on my 2003 Ram. It got all bent up, so I took it off. 16 years later, how many times have the police mentioned it to me?

Zero.

My vote is #1.

·
Super Moderator
12,919 Posts
I've been front plateless since 1978 :)

4.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
563 Posts
Direct Connection
Also, I just got a 2018 Scat Pack Shaker from Ohio, and I was extremely pleased that it never had anything mounted on the front of it. 2 cars back, I got a 2005 SLK 350 and the front plate mount was screwed to the bumper, and the dealership plate was screwed into that with 4 long screws. There where SEVEN holes in the bumper cover all for a friggin Acura dealership!
I used 3 different sizes of plugs to fill them all.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I like #1 - The R/T plate.

I did not yet hear about the Buckeye state finally dropping the front plate requirement; that is great. I never put one on my '15 Scat Pack Shaker and never had an issue. I've already told the dealership to be sure to not put one on the '19 Scat Pack Widebody I ordered - his reply... "I have a standing order that a front bumper never gets drilled." So I have no worries.

·
Super Moderator
12,919 Posts
Works :)

A Guy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts