Dodge Challenger Forum banner

A Little Modeling

4K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  Grinch_392 
#1 ·
So I hurt my back but not one to just lay around I've been keeping myself busy. I had some brilliant black laying around and it had been years since I built a model, so I made this and thought I would share. Just a small replica.

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
funny, I looked at the pic and thought the car was real but something in my brain about size/portion and backround. excellent build. Done a few myself great fun :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Looks great! :thumbsup:

#5 ·
you shoulda posted it as real and see if anyone called it .... woulda been funny

#8 ·
I'd like to build one. What kit was it and how much did it cost?

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,

It's the AMT 2010 Challenger model. It's what they call a "curbside" model which means it has no engine. Being that I was replicating my SE, the engine didn't matter. A nice kit with a great decal sheet. Unable to photograph it but the interior has a lot of nice details to it.

The only down side was that it didn't have the outlines for the "black out" around the windows so I had to mask and paint it free hand.

Steve

#15 · (Edited)
Excellent job, it looks very cool sitting in your driveway! AMT also makes a 2010 R/T Classic kit that looks absolutely awesome, a seemingly perfect replica (if you have a Classic that is) I definately wanted to purchase it when I saw it but I did not...maybe Santa Clause will bring me one...now to find some HO paint...

And BlackDodge I grew up in Fort Salonga, went to school @ Kings Park Junior & Senior High-small small world...

Link to kit:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Round-2010-Dodge-Challenger-Classic/dp/B003B7FCZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291149906&sr=8-1[/ame]

#22 ·
Looks GREAT! I'm looking to do mine too... Did you use the Testors Hemi Orange Laquer?

#18 ·
I am currently modifying the Boxed "Metal" Maisto 1/18th scale Challenger Concept model to be a mini-me of my Deep Water Blue R/T. Fabulous detail and opening trunk, hood, and steering wheels! $12 right now at Sam's. Couldn't pass it up. It comes in Hemi Orange for those that want to keep it close to stock. I need the rear spoiler though! No spoiler on it. Anybody with the AMT model that wants to make their SE look authentic and send me their spoiler?

#20 ·
Those look great I'm in process of blending that scale model to this 1/24 scale R/C car here is a shot i did before I started working on it.

Here is some of the unfinished body work. I do have a shaker hood for this I may install onto the body not sure. I'll be Using ATM's front spoiler from the actual model and gas cap as well as rear spoiler and mufflers to give the R/C car a more realistic look. Now at car shows can actually run my "mini" challenger around lol. Here are some process pictures the red seeing in side some of the shots is GPM aluminum parts replacing the plastic.

#21 ·
Thats awesome! I've been working on and off on my Charger in 1/25 scale. Here's some pics over on the Charger Forums:

Dodge Charger Forums - Keavdog's Album: 1/25 scale model

Your challey looks awesome! I'll have to order one since I just ordered my 2011 IE 392 DWB 6speed!

Build any other models? Besides cars its one of my other avid hobbies - that and R/C stuff.

#25 ·
Is that a clown car?:browsmiley:

#26 ·
A couple of Challengers I did YEARS ago. I've yet to build a new one.....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.