Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't have a jack that can lift this heavy of a car, so I waited till my friend with a lift was available to do the CDV delete. Didn't realize he bought a new one and a pretty fancy one at that. He said it's brand new state of the art Hunter Engineering scissor lift capable of lift 10,000lbs! I don't know my lifts, but I was impressed by it!

Felt a little silly but hey it made the job really easy! I wish I had got more pics, since I doubt I'll need to use it again. But I attached the few I took, just random underside shots. I'm not even really sure what I was taking pics of, ha ha!

As for the CDV delete itself......wow! IMMEDIATE difference! Had it done on Monday and I still can't believe the difference it made, it's practically like a new car! The clutch pedal is noticeably lighter to push in for one (yes I did pump it well over 200 times before even starting the car afterwards). But yeah engaging/disengaging the clutch is soooo much faster and accurate it now. I honestly thought the shifter had some how got better too, but quickly realized it just felt a lot better since I was able to use the clutch faster and more accurately now! Already finding myself able to go quicker from a stop and shift gears faster. Definitely the best mod of the few simple ones I've done so far! Doubt I really need to say it here, but yeah, HIGHLY recommend it for anyone with a 6MT!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
It's a great little mod. I had a new clutch put in this week, got the car back today and drove it for a bunch and I am amazed the difference. Had I know the difference would be like this I would have done this a log time back.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,128 Posts
If I had that lift, or a friend that did, I wouldn't feel silly. Giddy maybe :)

A Guy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a black '65 or '66 Mustang to the left of your car...
Yeah it was a 60's Mustang. He runs a specialty shop of sorts, so lots of older classic cars and newer expensive cars sitting around.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Good going! Very happy for you.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
oohh that clean new car underbelly
Am I the only one who puts the car on a lift and cleans under there? There has to be others. I’m certain my car is still cleaner than the day it came home 6 years ago.
I don’t know, a new puppy may tie or beat getting a new car.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Am I the only one who puts the car on a lift and cleans under there? There has to be others. I’m certain my car is still cleaner than the day it came home 6 years ago.

Well my Challenger was new in March and there is a 12 week old puppy chewing on my hood drawstring...... I'd say about tie, but the puppy grows up fast. That Challenger is always a "puppy"!

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Well my Challenger was new in March and there is a 12 week old puppy chewing on my hood drawstring...... I'd say about tie, but the puppy grows up fast. That Challenger is always a "puppy"!
Post a puppy picture or you’re making it up, lol.
:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,128 Posts
I don't have a lift. I do clean the wheel wells :) At some point I'll have time to rotate the tires. Debating making it a longer task and washing and dressing the inside of the tires. And really cleaning the wheel barrels and applying reload, rather than doing it through the spokes as usual. A Guy

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Nope u r not alone. I lift mine on my lift. I take simple green to the bottom of the car polish the headers wipe off everything. Grease the control arms ect. Clean the wheels and use wheel wax

I will never ever ever have a car and not a lift again if I don’t have to. I paid 2000 grand 5 yrs ago and it has paid it self off in full along time ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
Fair enough! Meet Rocky. The smaller one. And Miss Cassie I guess the other one....
Miss Cassie reminds me of my daughter's yorkie (Mimi-just turned 1 year old today)...who for some reason feels the need to know my location at all times. I swear, if I die I want to come back as a yorkie...the darn pup is pampered!!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
i did it to my r/t but ive since upgraded to an srt. i got to drive it 2 weeks or 600 miles before the weather turned to crap so shes been parked since first or 2nd week of december. my dads got a 2 post and a brand new 4 post bendpak he had put in a few months ago. its pretty awesome to have access to that stuff whenever i want.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Fair enough! Meet Rocky. The smaller one. And Miss Cassie I guess the other one....
That's the first time I've seen them, and I love them already. I'm jealous of your pups! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts