Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for this being long, but I will tell you my story of how I got my dream car.

TL;DR: Through determination and hard work, you can achieve your dream goals!

So I was fresh out of college working my dream job as a fast food cashier (yeah right!) In 2014. I was living with my family hoping to save some cash to buy my own car. I have a twin sister, so when the hand-me-down car came to us, she was given the car to drive since she needed more. She had to drive out of town for training for her medical profession while I was left taking taxis to work and getting the occasional ride from family since I worked in town.

I was upset, but not distraught. My life was pretty ok besides the crushing weight of not gaining my dream job. The true icing on the cake that made me truely upset was that my 3rd oldest brother brought his dream car; a 2006 Blue Mustang. The reason this urked me the most was because I was doing everything in my power to save some money for a old 1991 Miata that was around $1000, where as he went out and bought this car!

I had a small personal crisis, re-evaluating my current position at my dead end job and never being able to buy that beater Miata or the Nissan 240sx I wanted. I told him I wasn't mad or jealous, but I was bubbling under the skin at this.

One day, on a Sunday; he gave me a ride to work. On the road near my house, a early morning car show was letting out from the fair grounds onto the back road. Cars were doing flyby's, burnouts, and engine reving. People were all lined up on the road cheering on the drivers and taking pictures. As my brother passed through this crowd, people started to take pictures of his car thinking he was part of the show. This soured my mood for that day.

After that, I began my shift working the drive thru window that morning. It was a overcast day, so it was pretty slow. I was looking at Craigslist list cars when a customer pulled up to the intercom, a woman. She ordered a meal and i asked her to drive around. She pulled up to the window while I was busy making her food. I then approached her at the window.

That's when I saw it. The sleek black car she was driving.

I peeked into the car in amazement; saw the black on black leather, the 6 speed manual and the acres of space in the front backseat on a two door car!

While i rang her up, I asked her what this beautiful car she was driving. Without even looking up, she said it was a Dodge Challenger. Till that time, I never heard of this car let alone seen it. I thanked her for the info and wrote down the car name so I could look it up when I got home. I handed her food and bid her farewell.

I can still remember reading the word ' Challenger' in script on the side of the car as she sped off. I went home that night and researched this car. I then knew what I wanted to get!

I worked long and hard, with lots of blood and sweat to reach my goal. Even in the dark times, where I felt I was going have to settle on plain commuter car; I always remembered my personal vow : 'Mopar or No car'!. I even joined this forum to gleam info and see other members awesome muscle. I always stayed quiet and observed because I didn't own one.

I was trying to go after the 2012-2014 models when i began my search. When the 2015 update came out I knew I wanted that one! I wanted a V8 with the new automatic 8 speed. I didn't care if it was bare bones, just had to have those two things. The price alas was way too high compared to an older model. Through careful research, I knew in time the price was going to go down. I wanted a R/T really badly, but the price always stayed the same.

I knew I could get a 2015 model V6, but I would eventually have to trade up to a R/T. My fear of emissions getting more strict, that the V8's would be a thing of the past like in the 1970's. I knew if I waited, I would miss out.

I held out hope to get a V8 model, but it looked bleaker day by day.This changed though when they came out with the AWD version. Since I live in the salt belt, all the dealers around me turned over their stock to AWD Challengers when winter hit.

No R/T on the lot for miles. Then one popped up. I watched this lone R/T through the winter just sit on the lot. Prices being slashed every three weeks to sell it.
I knew this had to be sign. Using my research and intuition, I summed up the value of the car. I scheduled a test drive and inspected the car. It was perfect, it had everything i wanted and no problems to boot! The car was babied before it was turn in for CPO. I decided it was time to bite the bullet and take the leap!

I'm happy to say that my dream has been realized and that I'm glad to join this wonderful brotherhood!

May I present my B5 Blue 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic with the Super Track Pak!

(When I took her home)

I feel like it's the 1970's all over again! Horsepower wars between the big three, all the classic muscle coming back and we are the ones to benefit!

As I tell everybody, if you put your mind and effort into achieving your dreams, you will succeed!

Champs out!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on realizing your dream! It’ll make the drive just that much sweeter!!
Thanks! It has made it all the sweeter!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Congratulations! You made it! It’s a beautiful ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
Enjoyed the story! Great perseverance and congrats!

Reactions: JChampion

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,633 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Congratulations :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,024 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, great looking Challenger. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations on your journey to your dream car, welcome to the forum from up state N.Y.
Thank you everyone! Also from New york!; Born and raised in the Hudson valley

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts