Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
If they bring the Dodge 'Cuda back, I hope we'll also see the Chevrolet Firebird/Trans Am, Ford Cougar, and the Buick GTO.
Huh ? My uncles had GTO's. I am pretty sure they were Pontiac.
They always grumbled that GTO meant, 'Get Tools Out'. They loved those cars.
best
Parrott

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed
302 Posts
Huh ? My uncles had GTO's. I am pretty sure they were Pontiac.
They always grumbled that GTO meant, 'Get Tools Out'. They loved those cars.
best
Parrott
You missed the point. ‘Cuda was a Plymouth, not a Dodge just like the GTO was a Pontiac, not a Buick.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You missed the point. ‘Cuda was a Plymouth, not a Dodge just like the GTO was a Pontiac, not a Buick.
LOL Yeah I sure did, sailed right on over me .

speaking of older model names, I saw Ford was going to bring back the 'Maverick' name for a small pickup Ranchero type vehicle, hybrid something? I didn't pay much attention. I guess Maverick fits that better.
Thanks
parrott

Reactions: GLHS592

·
Premium Member
2011 SRT8 392 BGE Supercharged Toxic Orange heavily modified Challenger
1,172 Posts
I think I'm gona be 🤮

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
Speaking of nostalgic remembrance of the re-launch of the Challenger...

There was a video done, maybe 2006, 2007, showing a black old school Challenger driving into a covered bridge, and the "new" Challenger emerging from the other side.

I've seen the video once, but then lost the link, and its not coming up on any google search I try. Would love to have that video.
Google-Fu

A Guy

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't believe that if/when the Barracuda is released by Dodge, it will be an SVU as posted by a member here.

The image that Dodge has presented these past several years in releasing the names (Challenger, Charger) as modern day muscle cars would be destroyed if the Barracuda came back as an SVU.

Its this reasoning by my thought that if sales of the Challenger or Charger should drop, they would consider the Barracuda as the next modern day muscle car release.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,473 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,473 Posts
THAT'S IT!!! Thank You!

When I first saw it, I saved the link. But when I tried to return to it using the link, YouTube said video had been removed. Never would have thought to look for it on FB.

What search term did you use in Google?
Sadly, while it is the right commercial, it's been modified from the original; the initial soundtrack was eliminated....ruins the whole effect! (sigh...)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
Bummer, it was/is a Graveyard Carz made video, so if they changed it, unlikely I'll find the original. I started by searching for your original description, then found a forum post about it to learn it was Graveyard Carz, then added that and played with terms to find it on their Facebook. Surprised no one put it on Youtube, perhaps because it was GCs video, and they have a TV show still

A Guy

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I remember going to the Washington DC Auto Show and seeing the original Challenger concept car. At the time my brother worked for Chrysler in their loan department and he was under the impression that it might just become a real car since the interest was so high. I signed up for this forum the very next day - the early conversations were all about what transmissions we wanted, what colors they might offer it in, and how much we thought it might cost if/when the car came out. It's been a pleasure to watch the community go from a bunch of dreamer into real car-owning enthusiasts.

I've had two Challengers now and would never look back. I don't think any of us back then could have possibly imagined cars like the Hellcat, Demon, or Scatpack back then - all the cool engines and option packages... this car has something for everyone.

Someday we'll look back on all of this as a "golden age" of modern muscle.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
You're an OG (y)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,904 Posts
OG = Old Guy ;) We have a club

A Guy

Reactions: Kthulu

·
Registered
150 Posts
How old is old for this club? I turn 63 the end of the month. I've owned a 71 Charger, a 74 Dodge Magnum (nobody speaks of these), a 76 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe (surely some of the old members might remember these), and now this 2020 Challenger.

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
How old is old for this club? I turn 63 the end of the month. I've owned a 71 Charger, a 74 Dodge Magnum (nobody speaks of these), a 76 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe (surely some of the old members might remember these), and now this 2020 Challenger.
I'm 61. Can I join? Will there be snacks? :D

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
21 - 40 of 57 Posts