Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
If it happens, my guess is that it will be an all electric model.
And a little over a year later, we now wait for the1st (or 2nd) quarter of 2022 news release on the all electric sport car. Maybe the once rumored 'Cuda?

Registered
I hope you two are right...I read it would be sooner. In some state(s), by 2025, no more gas vehicles could be sold. I thought I read here that Dodge has to pay a fine of 2K for every V8 vehicle that is sold, due to EPA non compliance?

Registered
I hope you two are right...I read it would be sooner. In some state(s), by 2025, no more gas vehicles could be sold. I thought I read here that Dodge has to pay a fine of 2K for every V8 vehicle that is sold, due to EPA non compliance?
It's different here in Commefornica last time I heard it was 2035.(n)馃あ馃ぎ馃あ

Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
It's gonna be weird seeing an all-electric Cuda, even for a restomod. Take this movie car for example

View attachment 1040831
Just think, one of these days there are going to be chase scenes in movies and they will be silent other than the tires making noise on the pavement. No roaring exhaust just a quiet hum. :unsure:

Premium Member
Yes and the famous chase scene from San Francisco will be the 1968 movie "Bullit" will still be the best classic car chase.(y)
Agreed. But imagine it without the engine noises. Just humming. Kinda takes the sting out of it.
Funny fact about that chase. Originally Steve McQueen was driving the Mustang himself. They had to make him let a stunt man drive instead. McQueen was driving too fast!

Reactions: STINGRAY

Registered
Agreed. But imagine it without the engine noises. Just humming. Kinda takes the sting out of it.
Funny fact about that chase. Originally Steve McQueen was driving the Mustang himself. They had to make him let a stunt man drive instead. McQueen was driving too fast!
That is so true. Steve McQueen was a car guy himself and a driver. Just more stuff to make this classic car chase scene in SF so special. He drove that 390 Mustang GT. When I was a kid I wanted that Mustang or any Mustang from that era. Now as a grown up, I would gladly take the 68 Charger 440 instead. I am from San Francisco so I remember all of those areas they shot in (not in sequential order- lots of cuts and jumped scenes from one neighborhood to another).
Also that is GOOD old San Francisco (Not San Francisco of today馃あ馃ぎ馃檧馃サ) from the US Mail boxes to the now defunct businesses that used to be there in the film. No more Enrico restaurant on Broadway.馃あ馃ぎ

41 - 57 of 57 Posts