Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like they actually did it. There was much Talk about ditching the NGC 4a controller for 2011. Welcome the GPEC2 engine controller to our lineup. Should be interesting for sure, an entire new solution wil be necessary to tune them. Im sure Diablo will be on it but no doubt will take some time.
A.J.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
FU kn perfect. Thanks for the info, I guess. haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
in the same way that NGC went from NGC3 to NGC 4. similar, but not quite.

diablo doesnt have any products currently supporting the GPEC either. nothing in the caliber/compass/patriot/sebring/avenger.

·
Registered
724 Posts
To be honest it wouldnt bother me to race bone stock. You can still add on CAI, BIGGER TB,HEADS,PORTED INTAKE,CAM AND EXHAUST to help get a few more hp.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Crikey. I'm sure it'll get there but will surely take time.

Anyone know if it's still MAP based or did it switch to MAF?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
To be honest it wouldnt bother me to race bone stock. You can still add on CAI, BIGGER TB,HEADS,PORTED INTAKE,CAM AND EXHAUST to help get a few more hp.
I would like to see someone add heads, cam, ported intake without a tune.

Crikey. I'm sure it'll get there but will surely take time.

Anyone know if it's still MAP based or did it switch to MAF?

Im sure its still MAP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i suppose you never had the "pleasure" of doing heads or cam on an 09+ 5.7 before diablo finished the CMR tuning for them. or a supercharger on an LX before diablosport was releasing the predator. or for that matter, the first few 6 speeds.

it will take time for software to catch up. how much diablo (or other companies) want in on the action and invest time is the question.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here is your sign....

·
Banned
804 Posts
For this we can thank most of the turds out there that put modified equipement into their vehicles and then when something goes wrong they expect warranty repairs from the dealerships. That and aftermarket companies fueling the fire by saying their product is warranty safe.
Yep....that's what did it for sure......and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the cars are still using Mercedes components they are trying to get away from.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yep....that's what did it for sure......and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the cars are still using Mercedes components they are trying to get away from.:scratchhead:
Please explain your dissatisfaction with Mercedes components. I think the 5.7, 6.1 are great engines that were developed and reintroduced when mercedes still was a part of Chrysler are great engines. The Nag 1 transmission is a great transmission and the developed 68RFE from Mercedes is an excellent transmission. MDS was another great tool used to help Keep EPA CAFE numbers in check so we can have vehicle lineup such as we have. I do feel Mercedes dumped on Chrysler in certain ways but Chrysler has come out stronger and I suppose in the future some will feel the same about Fiat.

As for building a better mouse trap to help the company keep from having to dish out unnecessary money for other peoples zealous and fraudulent claims every manufacturer is building a better system. To deny people are using shoddy practices is just harboring and promoting the same practices. Are the vehicle companies doing the same thing, Yes and no, The dealerships are just as guilty for allowing shoddy claims and then when there hands are caught in the cookie jar they pass it on that it's the companies fault for denying warranty. It's a vicious cycle that keeps going around until all our freedoms are lost.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
dealer here is diablo retailer and diablo freindly ... no problem if you have a tune.. Davie Florida

·
Banned
664 Posts
Please explain your dissatisfaction with Mercedes components. I think the 5.7, 6.1 are great engines that were developed and reintroduced when mercedes still was a part of Chrysler are great engines. The Nag 1 transmission is a great transmission and the developed 68RFE from Mercedes is an excellent transmission. MDS was another great tool used to help Keep EPA CAFE numbers in check so we can have vehicle lineup such as we have. I do feel Mercedes dumped on Chrysler in certain ways but Chrysler has come out stronger and I suppose in the future some will feel the same about Fiat.

As for building a better mouse trap to help the company keep from having to dish out unnecessary money for other peoples zealous and fraudulent claims every manufacturer is building a better system. To deny people are using shoddy practices is just harboring and promoting the same practices. Are the vehicle companies doing the same thing, Yes and no, The dealerships are just as guilty for allowing shoddy claims and then when there hands are caught in the cookie jar they pass it on that it's the companies fault for denying warranty. It's a vicious cycle that keeps going around until all our freedoms are lost.
Do you have any articles or anything else to back up this is the reason for the controller change? Or this just a mod conspiracy theory to defraud Chrysler? Also it is not every manufacturer is doing this Chevy is quite free with their controller info, helping after market companies. One of the reasons there are so many options for aftermarket parts for Chevys.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
dealer here is diablo retailer and diablo freindly ... no problem if you have a tune.. Davie Florida
Ahh, my friends in Davie. Good guys over there.

FWIW, the dealership in Pines has had a good relationship with us, and both of them have lent us brand new vehicles right off the lot!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts