Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I'm new here and just joined. Hope you can help me with some of my questions.
I bought a used 2018 Challenger R/T 5.7 with the 8 speed auto. Had about 20,000 Miles when I bought it, put around 5,000 more miles on it. Now i'm looking for more power without voiding my warranty or having to fuss with emissions.
I tried doing a bit of research but i'm coming up dry. Found out about the Scat pack stages 1-3, would love to get those but am unsure if they would fit on my challenger.

Also if anyone could point me in the right direction towards getting a Limited slip differential or the appropriate carrier to do so would also be a great help. Found out I had a open diff the hard way :cry:

Anyways thank you in advance for the help!

-Bill

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Welcome from Colorado! Voiding the warranty is about the only way to really up the ponies. A cam swap and tune is a popular H.P. boost. Keep in mind the whole warranty will not be void. Just anything related to a mod going bad. Don’t know about the Stage packages but have heard they are dealer backed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Warranty and more power don't really go together. You have to choose just one.

The Scat Pack packages have been discontinued.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the warranty is going to be the one getting in the way huh? Well its almost up, where should I go from here? Looking to make around 400hp to the wheels, where would be a good start?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would recommend installing a 3.70 LSD even though they can be hard to find and pricey. then install a sticky rear tire .
you will have a performance gain but it will 'feel' as though it's bigger than what it really is but your warranty will be intact and the 3.70 is a great starting point for mods on the 5.7 w/A8 should you decide to go further when your warranty is up.

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What is your car mainly going to be used for ? Daily driving, road course, drag strip, etc. This will help us recommend parts we use on our cars. A great first mod with the warranty out of the way is a PCM swap and a tune. You'll need this for most mods you add so it is good to get it out of the way.

or

Both tuner options are great. If you're looking to watch the gauges and leave the tuner plugged in the Trinity is the way to go. If you want to download the tune and unplug the tuner the Intune is the way to go.

Thanks,
Alexis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is your car mainly going to be used for ? Daily driving, road course, drag strip, etc. This will help us recommend parts we use on our cars. A great first mod with the warranty out of the way is a PCM swap and a tune. You'll need this for most mods you add so it is good to get it out of the way.
I'm mostly going to be daily driving it. Want to make about 400 HP to the wheels. Also looking for a good LSD to put in. Trying to look for a 3.70 LSD but I dont know where to get one.
Thank you

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,216 Posts
The diablo will get you 15hp for about $1500 thats not good math I’m struggling with the same dilemma I was gonna bump up to a scat pack my car is a 2017 5.7 T/A plus with 8000 k mileage no dings or scratches they offered me $21000 thats not happening.so in short I’m keeping my car and just accepting fact that I’m just going a little slower

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,216 Posts
You dump all this money into the car and at the end of the day your car is what the vin # says it is. You go to trade your car in the dealership is gonna go off vin# no matter what you put into it.im just saying

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone who shared their links. Now i'm looking at the 3.90 LSD. I am worried about the transmission not knowing that there is a 3.90 in the rear end. Do I need to get the computer flashed to make it work properly? Stock open diff says its a 3.07. So would things like shift points and drive feel be affected? Or is this just a plug and play option?

On a side note, does anyone know how much power the the ported heads add? Part Number ( P5160027AB)
My local dealer has these in stock and wanted to know if anyone has the numbers on how much power it adds along with a cold air intake

·
Registered
522 Posts
3.90 will work ( I had that in my A8 Scat before going FI) you may need to pull TCM fuse for a shift adaptive reset if the car bumps fuel limiter on the WOT 1-2 shift . don't worry.. you will know if it happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts