·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts
Can't imagine doing it with a red eye....at WOT the tank empties in ~11min.
it wouldn't need that much rpm to maintain 120 - 130 mph speeds. 130 with my M6 / 3.90 is ~ 3,000 rpm in 6th gear.

now it throttle is WOT, that's a different matter - although there's a lot of highways I wouldn't want to go 190+ (waves, dips, irregular surfaces)

The Redeye has a standard rear axle 2.62 with 3.09 as optional

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
well, before I clicked on this thread, I knew it wasn't one of those battery cars. 🔋 🛴
:alien:
parrott

·
Registered
397 Posts
I actually consider that cheating. All the previous record runs where done during "normal business" Taking advantage of a government shut down should be a class by itself. That is basically the same thing as having a corp. shut down the whole hiway system for 60 miles at a time while the car barrels down the road for 30 minutes and then moving to the next 60 mile section, totally negating the whole thing. After all the original run was done during a time before we actually even had an interstate system. However again doing it that fast also totally negates the need to stop to eat, or go to the rest room as you most likely could hold it long enough to get to the next fuel up and you dont really need to stop for food if you can manage the run in the 26ish hour time. Funny thing is I was talking to some of my friends about how easy this run would be now since the getting out of new york is the most time consuming part of the trip. With nobody in new york slowing you down you can easlly cut 1-2 hours off the time during the lockdown.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts