Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Chicago and we're getting a lot of snow over the next couple of days.

For winter months, I switch over to 18" wheels with Michelin X-ice tires.

So this morning, I decided to go the gym and noticed my alley had not been plowed. Best guess was around 6 inches of snow. Went thru it without an issue. My car is a 6 speed so I usually start out in 2nd gear and shift early.

On way way back home, I noticed there was even more snow and it appeared a truck with a small plow came through the alley. He drove mostly on one side versus driving right down the middle so there was more snow built up on the other side. Since i was pretty much home, I decided to test my car out and go through it. If I got stuck, I wouldn't have been an issue. I could have gotten my shovel and snow blower and cleared a path.

To my surprise, my car went through this stuff like if wasn't even there. The car didn't go sideways and went where I wanted it to go. Very, very impressed.

In 2013, I bought an RT and kept the stock wheels/tires on. That was a horrible winter and big mistake. When I purchased my '16 (in Oct. of '16), I went straight to Discount Tires the very first day the temps dropped below 30 degrees. These stock tires turn into hockey pucks when cold.

For those who HAVE to drive in cold climates, really try to invest in snow tires.

Later on this evening or tomorrow morning, I will have someone record me driving around in this.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,576 Posts
Looks like the Northwest burbs are getting more snow than your area. Too bad you don't have air ride...slam that front end and make that splitter work. :smile:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the Northwest burbs are getting more snow than your area. Too bad you don't have air ride...slam that front end and make that splitter work. :smile:
hahahaha.....my car is lowered on Eibach springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts