Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I know what I'm about to tell all of you may seem contrived but I swear on my 6.1 that it really did happen. Well like most me & the Mrs. were woken up by our kids this Christmas morning. We opened gifts & I made breakfast. The wife was craving a Dunkin Donuts coffee (she's addicted to D&D coffee). Well considering I haven't driven the Challenger in about a month I decided that I would take it out to go & get the coffee. I was excited about being able to take the beast out for a drive with virtually no traffic. I cruise to D&D taking it easy. I get to D&D and realize that the place was packed. Everyone & there mother was out buying coffee & donuts. There were a few guys there that were stoked over the Challenger and asked me about my car. I finally get the coffee and leave. I decide to take the long way home. There's a 4 lane stretch of highway I decided take this morning. By know the SRT was at operating temps. My intentions were once I verified that there was no traffic I was going to blast through all the gears. I'm about to merge onto the highway and realize that the roads empty. "Gentlemen we have ignition". I'm going through the gears hitting every shift just perfect (@ redline). I get up to about 120 then let off. Boy I got to 120 in a hurry and that sweet Hemi sound is one of the best Christmas presents I could ever think of. By now I've managed to coast down to about 70. At this time I noticed a black car in my review coming up on me in a rapid pace. Next I notice the lights on the roof. I was caught (I have no idea where he came from). I pull off to the side of the road & the cop pulls behind me. He's taking his time getting out & I'm gathering my license, regi, & insurance car. He finally gets to the side of my window and asks if I know why I was stopped. I told because I was speeding. He asks why I was speeding. I told him out of sheer stupidity (he agreed). He then proceeds to ask about the car, how long I've had it, & how it runs. When he asked how it runs I tried hard not to laugh (He had a smirk on his face as well). He states that he's not dumb and that he know what these type of cars are suited for. He would let me off with a warning if he could here me take off a little but not to do 120. I graciously obliged, thanked him, & wished him a Merry Christmas. I fired the SRT up (he had a smile on his face) and accelerated moderately away while he watched. I got real lucky this time. I went home, parked her anf put the cover on. I swear it really did happen guys.

Take care, god bless all of my Mopar brothers & sisters. Happy Holidays.

Rob

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah. I have a hard time writing people on Christmas. Any other day and you would have had a ticket. I gave a lot of verbal warnings yesterday. Over 100 is an $1800.00 ticket in California.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts