Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my car today from the good folks at SNL Performance near Ft. Worth, Tx.

Interesting results.

The car:
09 SRT8 with six speed, Corsa's, Predator, CAI and the usual other small stuff.

The work:
Install an SRTMax cam from Inertia Motorsports.

What happened along the way:
Valve springs sacked after 16K hard miles. Probably 2 - 5 redlines every time I got into it after break-in period 18 months ago. Replaced with Ferrea valve springs.

The interesting part:
Stone stock except for Predator and Mopar CAI- 380 hp/378 ft lb torque. Not bad. The first graph below was from 25 Mar 2009 at Quantum Performance in Dallas. 380 rwhp and 378 rwtq. Dyna-tech dyno.

Back to the present:
We dyno the car for baseline at SNL--- 330 hp/328 ft lb torque. Lame for an SRT8. Was feeling weak for months. Fuel is rich, valve springs are shot and stock cam. Note- the dyno here is a Dynocom.

Next:
After new valve springs (Ferrea), install SRTMax cam, and retune- 391 rwhp and 391 ft lbs torgue.

I had the gang overlay the baseline run and post cam/tune/springs run. Graph is here:

60 rwhp gain from cam, tune and new springs on the same dyno. Pretty huge jump. General chit-chat about the gain is that we got about 40 rwhp from the cam, and the other 20 or so from the new springs and tune.

Huge difference between dyno's. No question the car runs better than ever from idle to redline. Very nice gain for a cam/tune/spring upgrade. From 4K to redline it runs much stronger.

If you live in the DFW area; definitely recommend the gang at SNL performance. Tune by Brian Sailor, same guy who polished and ported my throttle body. Simply great work, great people and they took excellent car fo my car. Strong recommend for them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kinda hard to tell what your real gains were since your stock run wasn't on the same dyno.

Typical SRT8 numbers are around 360 RWHP.

So I'd say with all your mods combined your are at 30+ hp over stock

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the stock run was also on the second dyno.

Gain was 60 rwhp according to the second dyno.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts