Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fortunate enough to have a 2013 white sxt and im loving it. But I have one problem. It's one of my friends, his parents got him a 2012 Nissan Altima. He treats it like it is a twin turboed str8. He challenges me to races constantly I don't want to race him because of 3 reasons. Jealously, friendship, and trouble. I know if I beat him he will become jealous and will try to harm my car. Also if i beat him we may loose friendship becuase of it. Lastly I don't want to get in trouble with police or parents. But now he is spreading rumors that im scared to race him. HaHa he only has like 220hp at the most. I will race him I know the place my uncles farm has a 2 mile paved road and we can do it there but still. Do you think it is right? Even tho he has no chance. Or should I put his litte 4 door sedan to shame?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Yeah dude, that guy's a *****. **** him.
Sounds to me like you're wasting your time.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
With friends like that who needs enemas. :naughty:

·
Registered
225 Posts
1) Anyone who would hurt you or your property isn't someone worth any friendship.

2) Regardless of the car you drive, don't tie your self worth to it. No matter how fast your car is, someone is faster. No matter how expensive, someone's is more. No matter how new, someone just got another. Your possessions are for you to use, don't let it be a status symbol or get jealous of others. In the end, it's just a car. This is one of the keys to long term happiness.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Sounds like an arsehole, not a friend.

Why are you trying to figure out what hoop to jump through to make this guy happy?

You actually sound like you are mature-ish and understand the consequences of street racing, so don't want to go there. But you have a 2 mile farm road to use. Go for it, beat him, and then let him act like a baby.

Then don't bother trying to make it up to him, don't try to do things to make him "like" you again.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I think that 3boystoys' suggestion is the most neutral and official way to silence the SOB. He's clearly not a friend, more like an acquaintance/buddy, and his opinion is therefore worthless, but somebody spreading rumors.. that may need addressing. Just be aware; beating the guy once may not be the end of it because of this:
He treats it like it is a twin turboed str8.
He has an inferiority complex that leads to delusions of grandeur about his shit car.

When I was younger and into racing (anywhere, anytime) I had a neighbor who was very proud of his new bike and 'mentioned' to my brother that it was faster than mine. Soon we ended up settling this on a desolated road (timed twisty hill climb). I beat him soundly, but it took two more separate times for me to eventually give up on shutting him up. He soon sold his bike for a more powerful one and I wasn't about to follow him into an arms race. We'd still be at it 30 years later. :rolleyes: Some guys have to look at everybody's driveway and own the fastest toy.

The amount of ego that people invest in their vehicles blinds them to hard facts; you even see this with professional drivers who always have an excuse for losing. The thing is, once you have time slips (hopefully a copy of his too) in your hand his delusions won't matter (unless you're also his shrink!). Anybody else who'd bring it up would know the truth about the dude's complex and bad faith.

So I'd race him. Once.

Reactions: wasp392 and Yaanufs

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
I am fortunate enough to have a 2013 white sxt and im loving it. But I have one problem. It's one of my friends, his parents got him a 2012 Nissan Altima. He treats it like it is a twin turboed str8. He challenges me to races constantly I don't want to race him because of 3 reasons. Jealously, friendship, and trouble. I know if I beat him he will become jealous and will try to harm my car. Also if i beat him we may loose friendship becuase of it. Lastly I don't want to get in trouble with police or parents. But now he is spreading rumors that im scared to race him. HaHa he only has like 220hp at the most. I will race him I know the place my uncles farm has a 2 mile paved road and we can do it there but still. Do you think it is right? Even tho he has no chance. Or should I put his litte 4 door sedan to shame?
I would eat all your veggies, drink your milk, and get enough sleep. You'll eventually grow out of "teendom" LOL

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I would eat all your veggies, drink your milk, and get enough sleep. You'll eventually grow out of "teendom" LOL
So many of the "adults" on this forum (and other car forums) must have neglected to use this good advice, and remain in teendom for life. ;)

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
So many of the "adults" on this forum (and other car forums) must have neglected to use this good advice, and remain in teendom for life. ;)
Actually, eternity for several. LOL

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Meh, we've all been young, full of testosterone and surrounded by idiots. I'm no longer the first and far from the second, but I've done away with the third... and only thing I can control. Now when you're young and more self-conscious, what buddies say to you and about you cuts deeper. I say race, but at a track where the guy won't be able to invoke all kinds of excuses for the ass kicking he's in for.

Reactions: Yellow Jacket 2012
1 - 20 of 60 Posts