Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was on the way to drop my friend off, and when I accelerated I noticed that the car sounded a little odd, kind of like an RC car more than anything. Then after I dropped my friend off I started having more issues with my car. At first, when I made turns my ABS and Traction Control lights flashed on and then off once I straightened out the wheel. Since I've had this issue before, I called my step dad who advised me to go straight to the dealership, which wasn't far from me. As I was on my way there the the ABS and Traction Control lights began flashing whenever I made a complete stop, and then went off once I accelerated. Then, once I was literally on the street where the dealership is, my E-Brake light flashed on, the car started shifting very hard, and my gauges and HUD turned on and off again as I was driving. After pulling into the dealer and explaining all of this we went to look at the car and all electronics were dead, the windows wouldn't even go all the way up like normal. I ended up having to drive a Dart home. I just got off the phone with service department and they're replacing my alternator and battery. The car is barely 2 years old with only 22,000 miles on it so I'm very surprised I'm having this many issues with it so far. Also, in the past I've already had to have the EVIC replaced. and the AC unit as well. None of which I paid for because of the warranty. I'm weary these issues will proceed to occur after the warranty has expired in 14,000 miles and I'll be left with very expensive, very frequent maintenence bills.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
I'd bail on that puppy while the mileage is still low. Sometimes you just get a lemon. Those are all major costs if you had to foot the bill.:yikes:

·
Super Moderator
13,874 Posts
It does sound like a lemon. When the Challengers were first produced in 2008-2009, there was a real pride among the factory workers in bringing such an iconic car from the 70s back. Just ask Brampton Builder, one of our original members. Now, I wonder after 5-6 years, if it is treated as "just another car."

I think that I will start a poll to see if this is the case.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
double post

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a similar issue 3 months into owning a brand new challenger. Had maybe around 3000KM(1.8k Miles) on it. The dealership had the car for about a month and they replaced the PCM, the TIPM, and finally the wiring harness. Was a hell of a month and i was pissed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts