Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my family had a memorial service for my late uncle. These 2 pics that my sister captured really put the day in perspective.

That last pic sends chills up my spine everytime I see it. Lets not forget the troops who are currently fighting for our freedom as well as the Vets who did it in previous years.

Add up all those men and women who've died in wars and conflicts over the last 231 years along with the covert and overt operations such as; Grenada, Panama, Mogadishu, and the Balkans you end up with a tally of nearly 1,346,000+ men and women who've given their lives to protect the freedoms and interests of United States of America.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
And I see these pictures a week after I celebrated my son in laws return. I'm very sorry for your loss. God bless you, and may he keep his hand over our men and women in combat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Uncle!

The millions that have served have helped billions live a better life!

·
Banned
903 Posts
Sorry for your loss Andy, I know exactly how you feel. We lost our 25 year old nephew July 4 last year in Afganastan. We will be attending a memorial service for him May 25 at Fort Bragg where his name will go on the wall of Army special forces fallen soldiers. I can tell you this July 4 will never be the same for me again, I was the one who took the phone call that morning.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Sorry for your loss Andy. My mom (87) still remembers her brother Bill who lost his life at 18 during the battle for Mount Cassino in Italy along with 150,000 other brave souls.

We should never forget all those who went off to war (for all of us) and made such sacrifice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts