Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Challenger Classic
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my Magnuson installed on my 15 Scat a8 by Steve White at the end of this month. Was just wandering if anyone has a supercharged challenger with the A8. Im curious to how these trannys hold up against 550 whp plus. Researched that the max input torque is 516 ft ibs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The HC and Demon use the 8HP90, not the 8HP70. The 8HP90 can handle 663 ft lbs.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If I were to guess, you'd be in the range where you won't blow up your trans right away, but you won't get 200,000 miles out of it either. It's not a question of if, but when. Parts will show their limits eventually, you'll just be accelerating the process.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You'll be fine, Luke and his guys are good at what they do. They did my initial install making 535whp ran for 14 months, then the Hellcat shortblock making 649tq 675whp 10 months with probably 40 1/8 miles and 20 1/4 mile passes with no issues at all. i did upgrade to a SHR War Viking Transmission to get ready for some serious power.

·
Registered
14 Challenger Classic
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks surcharged scat for assuring me I can drive it hard now without feeling like I'll bust it haha, i can't baby my car all the time. How much was total cost for you on that transmission with sending yours in as a core

1 - 6 of 6 Posts