Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually the first problem I've had out of the 4 Challengers I've had. 2011 RT, 2012 SRT, 2015 SRT and now 2016 Hellcat. Just under 14K miles and only running about 30 mph I saw so much white smoke in the rear view mirror and thought it was somebody else's car. When I realized it was me I pulled over. Had it towed and tech showed me the next day that one of the lines running to the Automatic Transmission had come off. It was an easy fix but took almost a week for the part to come in. After I picked it up from the repair it flashed P2096 on the display. Another trip for service because the transmission fluid had gotten into the left downstream O2 sensor which they had to replace. Hopefully nothing else happens anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
At least it happpened early in ownership so it's fixed for free and behind you. Any idea how much fluid you lost and how low the trans was? Did they add fluid or replace it all as I'd think it got hot in there?
They hopefully cleaned everything under there when they had it on the lift. Well now go out there and enjoy all the miles again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts