Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on being in a indoor car show in a couple of weeks and you have to have you battery disconnected. With ours being in the trunk is there any other way under the hood the disconnect the battery power, is it possible to do it from the port where you can jump the battery? I will have my trunk closed so once the battery is disconnected the only way to open the trunk is go through the back seat and hit the release latch right? Im trying to avoid that all together. Any input is helpful.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I think that is the same cable that connects to the battery. I know the one from the battery goes under the back seat and along the rail on the passenger side. You could trace it the rest of the way under the hood from there. If you unhook the battery under the hood then you should be able to just hook it back up to get in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
theres no other way to cut power than unhooking the battery.
you could pull it under the hood and tape it all up but it would still be hot.
your going to have to crawl in there and pull the cable when it's over
also you want to pull the ground, if you pull the hot everyting will have to be reset including the adaptives (they will get wiped)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It's not a big deal, send in a kid with a flashlight. Takes 15 seconds.

You can also crawl in there, no prob at all.

I'd worry more about knuckleheads taking the knobs off your dash. No way would I leave the car open at a car show if I wasn't there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts