Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine bought here in Spain an SRT8 that came from Canada, but the problem is that this car was planned to be sold in some Arabian country, because the maps of GPS are from middle east. My friend has bought a DVD with non original maps but the GPS of the car doesn’t allow them.

Ok, my question is if there is some hidden place in the car where the DVDs must be entered. I mean, there are cars that have a main entrance for DVDs in the front, where GPS is located, but they also have a hidden place to locate the DVDs with maps, so my question is if Challenger SRT8 has any of those hidden places to locate the DVD or it’s just that they must be inserted by the front and that the non original ones are just bad quality.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
The GPS maps are loaded on the hard drive and keyed to the vehicle VIN.
You cannot just load in a NAV DVD with new or different maps as far as I know without a license key. Maybe a hacker could bypass the key but I haven't heard of anybody doing it.

If the vehicle was purchased through a dealer maybe they can get the proper maps.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The GPS maps are loaded on the hard drive and keyed to the vehicle VIN.
You cannot just load in a NAV DVD with new or different maps as far as I know without a license key. Maybe a hacker could bypass the key but I haven't heard of anybody doing it.

If the vehicle was purchased through a dealer maybe they can get the proper maps.
Ditto, You'll need to purchase a licensed key that is linked to the GPS EIN (equipment identification number).

Check out this link:

2010 Chrysler Navigation Map Update

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
We have two NAV systems one North America , one Middle East and that's it. There are no maps for Spain. So there is nothing you can do to make it work in that part of the world

1 - 6 of 6 Posts