Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am about to pull the trigger on a 2009 Challenger SRT8, that is modified as follows:
V3 Vortech Supercharger Kit
Corsa Exhaust
Suspension work - not 100% sure what is done

All the work was done at the Dodge dealer and is fully warranted. The car can be seen in the link below. Basically, I wanted to get some feedback on what everyone thought of the price and if there is anything I should know, good or bad, about the 2009 model year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Listing

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
If that warranty is for real and transferable, jump on that s**t!!! Low miles, good upgrades, warranty covered supercharger (if for real). I would've bought that in a heartbeat if I had seen it before my current 2010 srt8.

·
Registered
298 Posts
with warranty it says.... :rofl:
ok, well if true, get that in writing and get it in writing twice! and if it holds true and at that mileage, that is not that bad of a buy. But dont buy into the bull$hit that it is near 600hp. Not even close, well maybe close at the crank, if that, and even then might be short at the crank, maybe 600 hp at the rods :bigthumb:, then by the time the power gets to the wheels you will be flirting with 500hp, lol. but still great power you will love, and ask them what is done to the suspension, make sure they didnt put just a set of springs and say it has a full suspension. But if all holds true, this is a good buy at that mileage. And if you do go foward with it, if it dont have a boost gauge or Af gauge, ask them to work you a deal and throw it in. If your boostin, that is very important.
good luck bro.

·
Registered
304 Posts
with warranty it says.... :rofl:
ok, well if true, get that in writing and get it in writing twice! and if it holds true and at that mileage, that is not that bad of a buy. But dont buy into the bull$hit that it is near 600hp. Not even close, well maybe close at the crank, if that, and even then might be short at the crank, maybe 600 hp at the rods :bigthumb:, then by the time the power gets to the wheels you will be flirting with 500hp, lol. but still great power you will love, and ask them what is done to the suspension, make sure they didnt put just a set of springs and say it has a full suspension. But if all holds true, this is a good buy at that mileage. And if you do go foward with it, if it dont have a boost gauge or Af gauge, ask them to work you a deal and throw it in. If your boostin, that is very important.
good luck bro.

Not sure what you are getting at with the HP complaints. I have the v3 on my 2009 and am making 545 rwhp. Pretty sure that should put my in the 600 range at the crank, and certainly higher then the 500 you say this thing should be flirting with at the wheels

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not sure what you are getting at with the HP complaints. I have the v3 on my 2009 and am making 545 rwhp. Pretty sure that should put my in the 600 range at the crank, and certainly higher then the 500 you say this thing should be flirting with at the wheels
what I am getting at is STOCK 6.1 with just a V3 with 600hp at the engine, hmmmmm.....??

are you a stock 6.1 with just a V3, if you are and you got 545rwhp, then good for you, congrats. And not being sarcastic either, those are really good numbers, you may just gotten a freak engine that some people get on here on occassion.

and the biggest thing I am getting at is he can bargain the price instead of them trying to flex the performance numbers to get the most of the deal, when he can be the one getting the most out of the deal. dont need to get offended bro, I run the V3 myself, and by the looks at my new avatar....you can see I am very proud to own a V3, barking at the wrong tree brother.

·
Registered
304 Posts
oh, don't get my wrong, I wouldn't let them use performance numbers in a car sale. I personally think they may be asking too much for the car. Especially since I don't know who is warranty covering a drive train on a SC car. I am pretty confident it isn't Vortech though, as I believe you have to go through a certified installer to be able to purchase that warranty, and I don't believe many dealerships would be certified vortech shops

·
Registered
298 Posts
oh, don't get my wrong, I wouldn't let them use performance numbers in a car sale. I personally think they may be asking too much for the car. Especially since I don't know who is warranty covering a drive train on a SC car. I am pretty confident it isn't Vortech though, as I believe you have to go through a certified installer to be able to purchase that warranty, and I don't believe many dealerships would be certified vortech shops
amen to that. That was the biggest thing on this sale. I am curious as to who is offering the warranty? But maybe the dealership is offering like a 8 to 12 month warranty or something. And yeah it may be slight high, but the mileage makes up for that, but who knows what kind of miles were put into it with that blower. Did they have Tons of Fun? or did they just cruise the car? what do you think? lol.
either way "NICK71692" do some more research on this, ask the dealer more questions, just get all the info you can. CArfax maybe too! maybe you can work the deal lower, I am pretty sure you can, couple thousand, dont hurt to try, your the buyer.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
298 Posts
very true. Guess we'll see what additional info Nick gets.

·
Banned
928 Posts
yeah if woodhouse did it as it indicates then they will likely honor the warranty!. The Hurst vehicles are sold through them as well and full warranties are honored

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.