Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm going to be ordering a 2011 SRT8 this week and am wondering about pricing. My build comes out to be $45,765 MSRP and the dealer I'm talking to is offering me a price of $44,768. Is this a decent price for ordering it? Does anyone have experience with asking for a few goodies (car cover.. etc) to be thrown in or anything like that?

Thanks!

Also, I just saw that the Canadian Dodge website has their Challenger section up for anyone who wants to check it out.
Dodge Cars Trucks Minivans SUVs in Canada - Home - dodge.ca

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm going to be ordering a 2011 SRT8 this week and am wondering about pricing. My build comes out to be $45,765 MSRP and the dealer I'm talking to is offering me a price of $44,768. Is this a decent price for ordering it? Does anyone have experience with asking for a few goodies (car cover.. etc) to be thrown in or anything like that?

Thanks!

Also, I just saw that the Canadian Dodge website has their Challenger section up for anyone who wants to check it out.
Dodge Cars Trucks Minivans SUVs in Canada - Home - dodge.ca
When you order a car, you're at their mercy. Find out if there are any incentives first ($3,000?) and negotiate. Don't look over eager. Get pre-qualified for a loan first (unless you are paying cash). Cash doesn't usually impress them, they'd rather have you finance through them. I've always bought new cars off the lot (any lot) - there's much more room to negotiate (usually). I would get on a site like Autotrader to find the car I'm interested in, go to my local Dodge fleet sales dep't and pay dealer invoice or less with no haggling.

Bottom line on your car: I'd offer them $40,000 and go from there. Ask them to see the dealer invoice (or tell you since it isn't built yet), it's probably around $41,000 - 42,000ish. If you'd rather have toys, negotiate on a good catback (research it), CAI, etc. Know the most you are willing to pay and be prepared to walk away. If your offer is somewhat reasonable, they'll either make you a counter-offer as you walk away or call you after a day or two. Without knowing more, the absolute most I would pay for your car is $42,000.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts