Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so I have done some mods to my R/T since I bought it back in June..tinted windows..rims and tires...Borla Cat-back, Mopar CAI, 87mm Ported TB....rear quarter panel strobe...but finally the one thing that has bugged me about my car from day one...the damn ride height! Going to go ahead and grab the Stage one Springs...should'nt put it super low but just where I want it! Stealership said they would do the install for $400...going to get them off Ebay for a couple hundred dollars. My R/T is a base, so I should not have to worry about a rear shock change or anything like that right? I'm pretty sure I do not have the adjustable suspension...should be able to just get these on and re-align the from end and be done with it! I'll post pics once I do!

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Might just be the best mod that you can do, lookswise. With a base model you don't have to worry about the rear shocks. I installed mine by myself. Easy job for a professional mechanic. I did not do an alignment on mine and the tire wear seems perfect after 10 months.

It actually dropped a little bit more since this pic was taken in the spring.
WF

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
How much will it lower the car and do they settle much as time progresses? My SRT dropped at least an inch or 1 1/2 inches in the first 6 months based on my ability to get the car on my ramps, was fine when new and 6 months later an absolute no go.
Too bad you don't have a friend who can help do it and save you $400.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6bblbird, thanks for the info. Your car looks amazing and I love the stance....that's how I want mine...Yellow Jacket, yeah I just don't have the room or tools or quite enough know-how to do it myself so I am just going to have the dealer do it...still worth it I think...think I am going to go ahead and order off Ebay tonight and probably look at getting them installed right after Christmas. Like I said I will post pics after...thanks again guys..

·
Registered
162 Posts
The springs are worth it. I would recommend the sway bar kit too. It takes a lot of the body roll away went turning.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
648 Posts
Yeah so I have done some mods to my R/T since I bought it back in June..tinted windows..rims and tires...Borla Cat-back, Mopar CAI, 87mm Ported TB....rear quarter panel strobe...but finally the one thing that has bugged me about my car from day one...the damn ride height! Going to go ahead and grab the Stage one Springs...should'nt put it super low but just where I want it! Stealership said they would do the install for $400...going to get them off Ebay for a couple hundred dollars. My R/T is a base, so I should not have to worry about a rear shock change or anything like that right? I'm pretty sure I do not have the adjustable suspension...should be able to just get these on and re-align the from end and be done with it! I'll post pics once I do!

I just had the Mopar Stage 1 Springs installed last week and am very pleased at the results.

The front dropped almost 2" and the back has dropped about 1.5".

It's just low enough that I now have to pay close attention to parking lot bump stops and the angle I take getting out of my driveway.

The price for the springs from the dealer was close enough to eBay that it didn't make sense to pay for shipping.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
One of my Favorite mods

Just sorry I waited so long to get them installed!! Got my springs from vendor Steve White Motors and had them installed and a 4 wheel alignment done by my local alignment shop for under $300.
The looks are just what I wanted and what it should have been from the factory! The only problem was when I took it in to my local dealer for an oil change and the tech ran the spoiler into the lift (no damage) he did'nt see that it had the new lower springs on it this time!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...yeah I have already thought of the parking deal...I already am really careful the way it is now..but yeah will have to be extra careful afterwards..I also got my springs from Steve White Motors...hopefully taking it in tomorrow to get it done! Will post pics when I get it home! Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About to pull the trigger on some Mopar Stage 1 Springs-UPDATE!

Here are the pics...got the car back today...and I love it! Just the stance I wanted....I have included an old pic of before, and the 2nd pic is today. Much better...still drives good, bumps in the road are a little bit harsher now but not by a whole lot. Overall I am very pleased with the results! Anyone thinking about doing this, especially to a base R/T and your getting tired of the 4-wheel drive look, this is worth every penny!!

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Looks sweet, these are going on mine soon, sitting in a box in the garage at the moment.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
does anybody know, are the Stage 1 springs about the same as the STP spring package? I know my car sitting beside another 2013 non STP is an inch to an inch and a half lower.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a good question..I am not sure but the documentation for the stage 1 springs say 2 inches lower in the front of the car, and 1 1/2 in the rear. After getting my car back today with the new springs...that seems about right. Not sure though about the STP though...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I just walked out and measured the lip on the rear fender well to the ground with 245/45/20's and it's about 29.75" to the ground in the rear, 29.50" in the front.. just wondering if Stage 1 would do me any good or if I'm already there..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
does anybody know, are the Stage 1 springs about the same as the STP spring package? I know my car sitting beside another 2013 non STP is an inch to an inch and a half lower.
You are correct that the STP cars sit a little lower than non-STP cars, but the Stage 1s will still lower an STP car just about an inch. Here's my '13 with STP:

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
Triz nailed it. My '13 Classic R/T with STP sat just like his did, now it looks just as badazz. Lowered, but not slammed. No more 4WD look, like this:

Now I got this nice look:

Reactions: PSM450

·
Registered
6 Posts
Didn't like the ride height so I had my dealer install the stage 1 springs before I even picked it up, $200 for the springs and $200 for the install, and now it sits just right !

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
648 Posts
I just walked out and measured the lip on the rear fender well to the ground with 245/45/20's and it's about 29.75" to the ground in the rear, 29.50" in the front.. just wondering if Stage 1 would do me any good or if I'm already there..
You made me curious .....

My car has brand new (less than 500 miles) General G-Max AS-03 245/45/20's (a little more road noise than the very worn out Goodyear F1's but, otherwise, I like them) and measures 29.25" at the rear and just under 28.75" at the front. Measured at the center of the wheel.

The springs were just installed on December 12th so I'm hoping the rear continues to drop a little more. Even if it doesn't drop any more at all, I'm quite pleased with the improved appearance. The car should have come this way.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
You made me curious .....

My car has brand new (less than 500 miles) General G-Max AS-03 245/45/20's (a little more road noise than the very worn out Goodyear F1's but, otherwise, I like them) and measures 29.25" at the rear and just under 28.75" at the front. Measured at the center of the wheel.

The springs were just installed on December 12th so I'm hoping the rear continues to drop a little more. Even if it doesn't drop any more at all, I'm quite pleased with the improved appearance. The car should have come this way.

ok, thanks for the measurement confirmation. so you're a 1/2" lower in rear and 3/4" lower in front than mine.
since mine is nearly as low as yours after you installed the Stage 1 springs, I guess mine would drop another 1.5" to 2" with the Stage 1 springs? mine might still drop a little maybe because it only has 1800 miles on the car and it rides stiff enough.. so I might be ok.

thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts