Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I seen a fix for this but can't find it now.

I have no codes. I have done the steering wheel calibration. Disconnected battery.
It's been this way since I got the car. Oh also the cruise isn't working.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Every once in awhile mine comes up in acceleration from a stop. Sometimes turning as well. I think one of my sensors in the wheel well needs replacing.

The first time it happened my ABS Light, ESP Light and Quiggly came on and also left a code. My tried to read it with my Trinity and it cleared the code. I never got a chance to get the code. Since then I get the lights as mentioned above, but it never leaves me code.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
FYI the steering wheel trick will not always work, you may need to have the Dealer initialize the ABS/ESP system, this requires a factory scan tool and a laptop p/c.
You will not have a code per say but when the data is looked at they will see your SAS is not calibrated or initialized.
It involves a drive procedure to be completed while the tool are hooked up after the steering wheel lock to lock have been performed.

Chrysler Tech Info...
If the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module, Clockspring/Steering Angle Sensor (SAS), or Dynamics Sensor were replaced, or if any mounting problems with Clockspring/SAS or Dynamics Sensor, ABS Module must be initialized using the scan tool. If not initialized, the ABS indicator will flash continuously with no DTCs. To initialize the ABS Module and clear offsets have wheels pointing straight ahead and follow the directions on the scan tool. The drive test requires a 90° turn. If the Dynamics Sensor was replaced, test drive the vehicle by turning the vehicle left or right in a curving manner at a velocity between 10 and 25 km/h (6 and 15 mph).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts

·
Banned
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna read your link and hope it shows how to diagnose the tone ring. I'm down to it being that, or the abs module or the programming that was mentioned or a bad wire somewhere. I've changed all the sensors and cleaned everything, bled the system twice, no codes. Unplugged battery, did the steering wheel calibration, new PCM. Not much left.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If the light is on there should be a code, your scanner is probably just unable to read it. I find ABS codes are funny like that. Take it in and get it scanned. No sense in just throwing parts at it.

Maybe there is an update for the ABS module, maybe you have a wiring short somewhere. Could be many things causing the lamps to illuminate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having the same issue.....2009 SRT 6.1 Happened right after I rinsed the wheel wells. Lights are on, but traction control seems to be working.

·
Super Moderator
13,696 Posts
If the light is on there should be a code, your scanner is probably just unable to read it. I find ABS codes are funny like that. Take it in and get it scanned.
Try accessing the OBD-II Trouble Codes using your EVIC. Follow these instructions:

1. Get in the car, close the door.
Perform steps 2-6 fairly quickly (less than 3 sec's total time).
(The key should not return to the OFF position through this next sequence!)

2. Turn key to 'ON' position
3. then back to 'ACC'
4. then to 'ON'
5. then back to 'ACC'
6. then to 'ON'

If there are any stored codes, they will appear immediately, in place of the odometer.

Once the codes have been displayed, you'll see "-----". If there are no trouble codes, the dashes will be the first item displayed.
After a few seconds, the display changes to "-dOnE-".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Still have lights on. Disconnected battery for an hour, key trick no codes, trinity no codes. Out of ideas...is there an abs fuse?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
432 Posts
I had these lights appear, go away and reappear.

It was a wheel speed sensor.

Fortunately the car was (and is) still under warranty

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts