Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see nothing about this part here and little available on the internet. I understand the part. Anyone know the location and difficultly of service (replacement)? This for the left rear of my 2018.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,955 Posts
Each Wheel has its own speed sensor for Traction Control,. best get a Shop to Scan to tell you which one is the Culprit had to replace the right Rear one on my Car about 4 months ago. The Sensensors are about 30ish each but without a Scanner you wont know which one it is....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer made this call. Left rear. But it's not the sensor itself. It's more of a sensor trigger. What the sensor reads off of. I'm just trying to learn more.
thx

·
Super Moderator
15,739 Posts
A tone ring is used in anti-lock brake systems (ABS) to detect wheel rotation rate. ABS systems do not need to know the exact location of the shaft, just the speed of rotation, so there are no notches or gaps on an ABS tone ring. Here is a photo of one, as well as a video on how to replace it. Cost is about $22. Before you tackle this job, I would make sure that the problem is not with the speed sensor. How many miles are on your Challenger?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A tone ring is used in anti-lock brake systems (ABS) to detect wheel rotation rate. ABS systems do not need to know the exact location of the shaft, just the speed of rotation, so there are no notches or gaps on an ABS tone ring. Here is a photo of one, as well as a video on how to replace it. Cost is about $22. Before you tackle this job, I would make sure that the problem is not with the speed sensor. How many miles are on your Challenger?

View attachment 1012078

The above is correct. I had to replace the rear hub. The car has 35g miles. You can see the ring on the hub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts