Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
Generally when those lights light up, it's a wheel speed sensor. You getting a message that they are turned off is unusual. Do you know the exact message? I can understand the difficulty of getting a picture. A Guy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was partially wrong.

Traction control doesn't do anything, but it does stay turned off if I go from sport mode to regular when it happens.

As far as Abs and Stability it does say Service. So they don't turn off but at times it does affect the way they drive.

·
Registered
694 Posts
on my '09 was wheel sensors. my dealer jammed me for $500, so found a good independent service guy after that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called my dealership just to ask them the cost of a diagnostic, and they quoted me $150.

But yea everything I see seems to lean towards that sensor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So just volt meter, resistance test on sensor itself, and anything more than 0 is my bad sensor?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
Whichever reads different than the other 3 should work. A Guy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol that's kinda what I was thinking, but was hoping to avoid running in circles around the car checking.
Either way should be good at this point, plus my neighbor is a used car mechanic at a dealership so he said he'll actually run codes for me for nothing in return.

So I'll report back no later than Wednesday night to keep y'all updated!

Thanks for the help too guys!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So it was the front right wheel speed sensor.

Took me 10 mins to replace, and its all good now.

Thank you again for the help!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I had the same issue on my 13. That wheel sensor swap is so easy, I keep one with me on road trips, so that if one goes, I can swap it at the road-side rest, and get my cruise-control and ABS back.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Here's my experience with a bad ABS wheel speed sensor.(On my 2011 Charger)
I had the same warnings with the 3 different warning lights, warning me of trouble.
Being near the dealer at the time I pulled into their drive through to ask if this was something critical and perhaps shouldn't be driving it any further? One of the service agents plugged something in the OBD connection and asked that one of the agents, located behind the counter, look at his computer to check it out. From his computer he told us it was a faulty ABS wheel sensor. Said it could be just a bad connection or faulty sensor assembly. And which wheel it was also.

So they told me that it wasn't so serious that I couldn't drive it and we made an appt for them to look at it in a couple of days.
In the mean time I researched on my computer and YouTube finding out it was a $25 part and aboiut a 15 to 20 minute job to replace it.
When they called me from the dealer and told me it was going to cost close to $400 I immediately said... WHAT? Why so much? They said $50 for the part and 2 hours labor. I quickly said...it shouldn't be more then an hour at the most and the part cost was ridiculous as well. Told him to forget it, I would do it myself. After a few minutes of discussion back and forth he said well would you be okay with 1 hour labor? And I said okay.
Lost a lot of respect for that dealers service garage. And I let them know about it when I picked up the car.
That happened to be strike two for them. One more and they're out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got the “service abs” and “service stability control” messages a couple of days ago but haven’t had a chance to look into it. Today, I also have “forward collision monitoring off - requires service”. Do you think that’s related to the same sensor? It’s a 15 Scat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2015 srt392. I replaced 3 of the four sensors-both rear and one front. Light did not go off. Changed new front sensor to other side. Light still on. Took to dealer front speed sensor that i replaced bad. Used ohm meter reads 2.9. Checked old sensor, it reads 4.11. Does anyone know what us correct. Also one sensor on rear does jit read. Ordered new bwd from oreilly. It does nit read ohm either. Checked original dead as well. Surely 3 arent bad. This is left rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts