Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

2009 srt8
Car has 80k on it and runs great. And still does. The other day this problem started when I brake and am near low gear there is a clunk in the back of the car and the brakes feel like they grab in the rear more than normal then the ABS TRACTION CONTROL ESP BAS lights come on. Car continues to operate normal after this. Can be parked and the light will go off and come back on. This has happened a couple times then the light will go away, then comes to a stop and it repeats the clunk brake lights come on routine. Did try resetting the steering calibration and it did not fix it. One thing to note we have had branches and some sticks etc in the road this happened after I had to drive over some small ones which I was going slow. Not sure if this is a coincidence or maybe something came up off the road and knocked a sensor wire loose or something.

Thank you

Doug

·
Super Moderator
15,342 Posts
It might me a case of intermittent signal from the tone rings - there's one at each wheel. This tells the ESP system what speed each wheel is turning at. There's a sensor / cable at each wheel hub.

If the harness got damaged or there's a lot of road grim buildup on the tone ring itself, it could throw those codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts