Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have done quite a bit of research on this forum and others and not quite the same as others issues. Well in the sense some things work and others dont. Quick back ground, last winter I installed a new double din head unit. The defrost button blinks everytime I turn car on. Didnt think much of it until this summer hit. A/C when turned on, it blows warm air. I have confirmed the compressor does kick on as the clutch in front does engage. Turn A/C off and clutch disengages. This system uses the new 1234yf freon and I got a low pressure hose from a buddy. When car is on and A/C is running pressure is 32-33 psi. It seems to have a normal amount of freon based on this. I went to the trunk and removed fuse 14 (10a fuse) for a minute and replaced. Turned car and A/C back on. Still warm air except now the defroster light no longer blinks when starting car. Is there anything else I can check or that I might have missed? Before I throw in the towel and take it in for a wallet hit.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,016 Posts
The defrost light blinking is the blend door trying to calibrate. Try this. Turn all the controls to their default position (far left as pictured). Disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes or so, reconnect the cable and try it now

You could have an actual actuator bad, but if the calibration works, you're set

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello A Guy!

Thanks for the reply back! I will definitely give this a try when I get home and will post back the result. Yesterday I went ahead and. Checked the low pipe just to see if it got cold or sweat but it did not. There may be multiple issues now. We will see later on today. Thanks a lot again for the reply back. Will update later today.

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

Ended up having a busy rest of that day and another yesterday. Did the steps you mentioned and confirmed no more defrost flashing on start. I am now getting a very small amount of "cooler" air but not cold. There definitely is a difference after fixing the blend door. As mentioned in the post above and still is the case after fixing this issue, the low side pressure is not cold or sweating. Symptom seems to lead towards low on freon, and the gauge I have could be incorrect.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,016 Posts
It's also still possible you have a blend door issue, their actuators are known to fail

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if the low line is not cold at all or sweating, it still could be the blend door malfunctioning?

I just want to confirm before I dig through dash and such.

Thank you,

Chris

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,016 Posts
Sorry, can't answer on the line question

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts