Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hotter than the 'hubs of he!!' today...has been this way for weeks...and according to weather forcasts...will be 100 degrees plus for the forseeable future. :indifferent:

Challenger hasn't been out of the garage for a week or so...wife took it to work today..and called me this evening on the way home griping that the air from the vents "smells like dirt socks from the laundry for the first three or four miles"....:(

So when she gets home..I have her park outside and I looked for water draining from the ac evaporator...no water's draining...come to think of it..can't say I've seen water drain from the ac since I've owned the 2010 SE..

So just where is the ac drain for a Challenger's climate system?

Thanx.Stevie...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Has to be somewhere right behind the engine, I never paid attention to which side, but I always have a puddle of water under mine when I pull in the garage after running the AC.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me no see....which side should leave a puddle?

The heater/ac lines enter the firewall left rear of engine(driver's side).

·
Super Moderator
17,317 Posts
the drain will be a little bit to the right of center, along firewall (towards pass. side).

They do drain - mine will do it in warm weather (low-mid 80s lately), doesn't require it to be that hot for condensation.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the drain will be a little bit to the right of center, along firewall (towards pass. side).

They do drain - mine will do it in warm weather (low-mid 80s lately), doesn't require it to be that hot for condensation.
If it's anything like the Chargers.... they clog. The Charger go to a point where it sounded like the kids splashing around in the tub when you first started the car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think I have the same thing... damn. how do you "un-clog" it? Am I looking for a tube or what?

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
The Challengers (at least up to 2010 models) do not have cabin air filters which make it easy for debris to get into the system and cause clogged drains, fungus, etc and smells. You might blow a little compressed air up into the drain hose to clear the clog - but be prepared to get a face full of water.

If it is under warranty, back to the dealer is probably the safest route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts